HKPRO Forums banner

HK243

170K views 556 replies 118 participants last post by  GuntherRommel 
#1 ·
#9 ·
The SAR looks pretty much what people have been asking for.

I'd rather have a TBostic PSG-8, honestly.

#12 ·
Something looks a little funky on the bolt carriers. Aside from the model of the firearm and the firing pin retaining pin, I see something else I have never seen on an SL8 or G36 carrier that is towards the rear and under the firing pin retainer. It's long. The pictures are not high res enough for me to make out anything.

#19 ·
what is the purpose of 2 and 7 rds mag?

Semi-Auto Hunting Guns are restricted to 2-Round-Magazines in Germany. As all Firearms need special permission, the easiest but most expensive way to buy rifles is to obtain a hunting licence. Then you can buy every legal semi auto rifle, but only with 2-Round-Magazine. What you do afterwards is your business, buying a 40 Rounder and taking it to the range for "test firing" is not illegal. Hunting with a magazine which holds more than two Rounds is and will result in loosing your hunting licence and along with it your guns.

The reason for a 7-Round-Magazin is beyond me, Magazines for "Sporting Purposes" are restricted to 10 Rounds.

#21 · (Edited)
I want a barrel with fast enough rifling to handle heavy/long bullets, specifically at least 1 turn in 8 inches. I have seen deer successfully taken with .223 bullets, Nosler Partitions, which are on the long side for their weights. I think one of the heavier Berger bullets might work well also. My experience with match bullets in .223 barrels is that even 69 gr bullets sometimes don't group well in 1:9" twist barrels.

It would be nice to have 5 shot magazines also.

#33 ·
Okay i don't want to be "that guy" and rain on this parade but i have a seriously huge question.

In the specs it says .223 remington............Im not quite sure if it is oversight or what but if it cant handle 5.56 nato....that is not cricket in my book. what gives? or am i just being an @$$?

#34 ·
I have also given this some thought. The SL8-1 and SL8-6 are both marked .223 Rem., but can shoot both .223 and 5.56x45. I'm hoping the same applies with the HK293.

If they can't, I'll probably pop a G36 barrel in the HK293, if that's possible. I'm hoping it is.

#35 ·
I hope they ship with the Stanag mag well. Granted we don't know the price point yet, but I'm betting it ain't cheap. In the U.S. market, like it or not, a rifle that doesn't accept standard nato AR magazines right out of the box is not going to sell. Hard Core fans will pony up the extra dough for a G36 magwell, but I wouldn't expect the average AR rifle buyer to pay a whole lot of money for a rifle that they have to spend more money on to use the existing stash of magazines they already have. We can argue the merits of the G36 proprietary magazine all day long, but at the end of the day I think HK would be seriously handicapping sales if they require additional purchases just to run AR mags.

FWIW, these look sexy. I'd like mine 14.7, pinned surefire flash hider, 1 in 7 with an AR magwell please.

P.S. those flip up irons are pretty cool :)

#37 ·
This happens all the time in Europe becuase .223 is a "sporting cartridge" while 5.56 is a "military cartridge." And apparently marking the barrel as .223 makes it less "scary" to Governments. I imagine it will run 5.56 just fine. The Steyr AUGs being sold right now come to mind. They are all marked .223 but are rated for both.

#43 ·
Yes but even the MR556 is marked 5.56

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.