HKPRO Forums banner

Now I have the real deal...HK91 SACO 1979

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AGG 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just made what I think a great deal at my local pawn shop...1979 "HK" SACO HK91. It has a Leupold 2-7x scope secured by a nicely fitting B-Square mount (came with it...what could I do? :wink:
It is very clean and has a .010" gap. The only issue is a small little fingernail sized spot of corrosion an inch or so down the barrel. Barrel otherwise appears perfect...weird. The spot appears too small to have any affect on accuracy. It should sit nicely alongside my PTR GI Classic.

I find it curious how the lighting makes it appear pitch black in one photo then blue-grey in a different setting!

Ed

See less See more
#11 ·
Thanks! Been working on my photochopping skills and, yes, a German claw mount would be nice AND correct but, it took all my sheckels to bring this home. Actually, I'm thinking I would prefer a B&T low mount to keep the ergonomics a little more in line AND save a bit more money. The B&T seems to be "acceptable" by the "purist crowd" so, hopefully no snide remarks...sorry, I'm used to the folks over at akfiles...they're a merciless bunch! :wink:
I notice that my PTR has a G3 rear sight and the HK has the taller notched HK91 rear sight. Will I encounter any problems with either the claw or B&T mounts re: switching back and forth? Are there any decent, acceptable, less expensive scopes that utilize the claw (not picatinny) 2 screw mounting points? I don't want to spent too much on accessories as I have learned you tend to lose a bit on resale...usually that is...maybe not with these parts.

One last question, is the long B&T mount compatible with the wide bi-pod forearm? It looks to me like they may clash at the front rail mount point.

Ed

PS AGG, if you're serious, yes I'll PM the serial to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.