HKPRO Forums banner

Bought another HK91. Have a couple questions about it.

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Pilatuspilot 
#1 ·
I bought a blaster grade HK91 the other day. 1976 SACO import in about 85-87% or so. The bolt is also dated 1976. The barrel has standard rifling and is marked HKHS. I have another 91 still in the box in almost perfect condition so I don't Fire it. I bought this one to play with. Pretty convinced I'm gonna go G3K with it if I can ever locate a German barrel.

Anyway, been ten years since I've messed with HK roller lock guns so I'm a bit out of the loop on some stuff. Who is the go to these days for a G3k conversion? Including remarking and refinishing, paddle release, and G3k conversion.

Also, the rifle came with a bipod that looks like an HK light bipod but it doesn't have feet. Just little green rubber caps.

Thanks a bunch for the information.

RC

See less See more
#5 ·
I've read that RCM barrels are nice. I might use one until I can find a German barrel. The OCD in me wouldn't let me sleep at night too long with an incorrect barrel on my rifle. Although as a blaster and pig gun maybe I wouldn't care. I plan to krylon the whole thing anyway.

RC

#7 ·
Lol, the krylon is the ******* in me. This is a swamp gun. Gonna shoot pigs and deer with me. Most of my guns are kryloned. But the nice thing about krylon is that it comes off with a little effort. Plus I'm not worried about the resale value of this gun. I have a LNIB HK91 for collector whatnot. But if you're getting itchy about a kryloned' HK91 you might have a full-on conniption that I have an original FN 50.63 that also got the krylon treatment and has served many years as an offshore boat/swamp gun.

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.