HKPRO Forums banner

416 Bolts/carriers - differentiating the iterations?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  stalski 
#1 ·
I'm not a 416 guy. Someday I hope to be.

I understand there were a few iterations of bolts/carriers for the 416's. Older, A5, then OTB? The newer/OTB have drain holes...where might they be?

How does one tell the difference?

Thanks all

#3 ·
OK searching the forum hasn't provided anything and no replies here...so I'll start with photos and people can chime in when I say something incorrect. To start...here are some side by side photos of an un-date-coded carrier next to a christensen arms nickel carrier. Note both are cut for full auto.

Main differences are the hole in the bottom and the firing pin retainer. As I understand it, the hole in the bottom is for "OTB" in such it allows water to train out. That, coupled with the firing pin retainer, are what makes this an A5 OTB carrier right guys?

Tool
Tool
Tool
Tool Air gun
Metal
Material property Muffler

#4 ·
And along the same lines...comparison pics of bolts. Un-named AR bolt vs AG date coded 416 bolt.

Only difference I see is the different round back portion due to the lack (un-needed) gas rings for the bolt. Or are there additional upgrades since this bolt iteration?
Auto part
Auto part Tool accessory Automotive engine part
Hardwood Wood Floor Laminate flooring Flooring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.