HKPRO Forums banner

rifle bipods

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Klaus Von Richter 
#1 ·
quick question, the bipods that have the shovel looking feet, are HK? are they even German?. I thought they were made in Greece or something like that.

#2 ·
Licensed production, such as in Greece, was the same as German. After the end of contract, maybe not.

The Greek mod was to ditch the plastic feet and fabbed metal ones. Definitely not following original style, but they work fine.

DG

#4 ·
From my understanding, the HK bipods and german contract bipods are almost exact. The only difference is the HK ones have serrations and imperfections on the feet, whereas the contract ones are smooth. The Greek ones have different looking feet.

Greek:
Tool

HK:
Tool Cutting tool Tool accessory Spoon

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Plastic?

From my understanding, the HK bipods and german contract bipods are almost exact. The only difference is the HK ones have serrations and imperfections on the feet, whereas the contract ones are smooth. The Greek ones have different looking feet.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
Thanks for your infor

can't confirm. but i know the metal feet on mine dig into the handguard pretty good.
mine is metal like the one below:

#6 ·
Daniel, that is the understanding I was under, thanks. Rok, the HK style feet are metal, there was a plastic version but those were not made by HK. They might be a german contract but from my understanding HK only made one style and it was all steel.

#7 ·
I have question on this. Years ago on this website I thought that I read that the light bipods with plastic feet were HK. The plastic feet were the result of American buyers of HK91's and HK93's being upset that the steel light bipods scratched the wide handguards. HK responded with the plastic feet version, but these turned out to be too fragile. The feet would often break off in use. Can anyone offer any evidence to confirm or deny this? I would like to know for sure. TIA

#15 ·
The Greek EBO bipods are nice too, don't think that they're not. The main differences are the feet and the button/lever that unlatches the leg so it can pivot.

I bought a few dozen last year from a seller in the EU and sold them here on the forum for CHEAP. I'd buy them again in a second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.