Suggestions for improving USC trigger? Or can it not be done

Thread: Suggestions for improving USC trigger? Or can it not be done

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Suggestions for improving USC trigger? Or can it not be done

We have a USC in 45 Auto and it is a fine weapon except for the trigger.

It has been stated at various times that the trigger really cannot be improved.

Is that the final word, or does anyone have suggestions towards improvement?

There is, no offense intended, one potential suggestion that I would not be willing to follow, and that would be to send it to anyone with the initials BS or to anyone else with similar record.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

HDPS makes a billet trigger which seems to feel better than the plasticky trigger the USC comes with....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! I hadn't known of that. Will definitely look into it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

To really improve the USC trigger would require replacing the plastic parts with steel ones to reduce the friction. You would need to make a new hammer and sear. I've seen steel sears, but not steel hammers. The factory plastic trigger doesn't have any effect on the trigger pull. All the trigger does is push upwards on the back of the sear, pivoting the front of the sear out of the hammer notch, which releases it to hit the firing pin. That contact between the sear and hammer is the main source of the creep in the USC trigger. Since you have to make a new sear anyways, you could remove the pre-travel by changing the shape of the sear slightly where it contacts the trigger. You'd also need some new springs. The trigger spring to reduce the pull force would be easy to make, it's a simple two-leg torsion spring. The hammer springs would be a little trickier to make.

I wish our fab shop had a wire EDM machine. It would make a good government project.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Dave! I'd read about the plastic parts; it's a shame the steel parts aren't available. I expect it would be a real project and more than I'd want to do to have them custom made.

On the billet trigger, just as a matter of what I personally like I always like a metal trigger better than a plastic one if I have a choice, even if objectively there is no real difference in performance. But the real concern here was as you say, the creep and the pull force.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Gotcha on the trigger. The ones HDPS makes are very nice. He makes them as a 922r compliance part, which I don't give a rip about, but have one anyways because they feel better than the factory trigger.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bill Springfield can significantly improve the stock USC/UMP trigger. Fast turnaround as well.

Bill Springfield - www.TriggerWork.net

HK G36/SL8/USC/UMP trigger work

I'm not sure why but both his old and new web pages seem to come up in a search as active...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trenace View Post
    We have a USC in 45 Auto and it is a fine weapon except for the trigger.
    yeah i bought one of these and the trigger was the mushiest i have ever pulled. sent it back to hk and it came back not much better so i just sold it off.

Sponsored Links