Benelli M1 Super 90
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M1 Super 90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Benelli M1 Super 90

I'm a novice on this particular gun but am looking at buying one locally. Were there different "generations" of the M1S90, as far as barrel length, mag tube length, etc?

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm a novice on this particular gun but am looking at buying one locally. Were there different "generations" of the M1S90, as far as barrel length, mag tube length, etc?

Early ones were imported by HK, now they are imported by Benelli. There are are generations as in some of the parts are not interchangeable between M1 and M2 variations. Now Benelli just makes the M2 which is a better gun overall than the M1. Just buy an M2 field, pick up a spare tactical barrel and extended magazine tube, along with two US parts for 922r. None of them were made by HK, ever.

922r parts, I usually get the handguard and follower;

https://freedomfightertactical.com/c...nd-accessories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What makes the M2 an overall better gun? Some internal upgrades?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

if you're looking to purchase the m1 super 90 get the one imported by HK. there are different types of m1 s90: the combat (pistol grip with ghost ring sights), the entry level m1 (pistol grip with regular sights), entry level m1 (hunting stock with regular sights). the m4 is obviously the best and the most reliable right now so you might want to look into that but its not HK marked anymore. if you're looking to collect the m1 HK marked is a must. the combat m1 s90 would be the best choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know if it's HK-marked or not (yet), but it does have the pistol grip stock and GR sights.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

either way that's already a winner because of the pistol grip and ghost rings...let's just hope it's HK marked:).

7n6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    What makes the M2 an overall better gun? Some internal upgrades?

Comfortech stock alone is worth the price of admission plus the barrels are internally threaded for various chokes, current production- not 30 years out of production so all current barrels fit. Got rid of my M1's, now just have M2's- which I prefer overall. The older pistol grip style stock was to long for anything past range duty and non adjustable for length of pull. The new comfortech stock have various pad lengths from 13.5 to 14.5 length of pull. The M2 field compact has a 13 1/8th comfortech stock which you can just ad a tac barrel if needed or buy that stock and throw it on any of the current M2 tac models.

Here is one I'm talking about but not mine obviously;

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/646160828
    Last edited by 7n6; 05-19-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I understand it the org m1 were pre 1989 so were allowed to have over 5 round mag tubes and all that all guns post ban were 5 round only save a few M4 that were brought in with normal tubes whole thing on that ...Different guns m1 are semi auto only others are pump or semi ...

M1 are the classic but a older school gun .. If you dont mind dealing with 922r and all that a latter version is prob a better bet

7n6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wrongrecroom View Post
    As I understand it the org m1 were pre 1989 so were allowed to have over 5 round mag tubes and all that all guns post ban were 5 round only save a few M4 that were brought in with normal tubes whole thing on that ...Different guns m1 are semi auto only others are pump or semi ...

M1 are the classic but a older school gun .. If you dont mind dealing with 922r and all that a latter version is prob a better bet

You don't even have to deal with 922r if you buy the one I showed above. It's an LE model, so it was imported in that configuration and can be legally sold to anyone now that it's in the country. 922r only applies to the manufacturer, not the individual for ownership as long as you don't mess with changing parts around. Basically, you didn't build it, it came in that way. Now if you buy the 4+1 sporting model- then yes, 922r applies when you change the configuration to put the 7+1 tube on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, this is the one I picked up today. Receiver is marked "HECKLER & KOCH INC - STERLING VA". The serial number is really hard to make out, but appears to be "MO99xxx" or possibly "MO89xxx"? The seller said that it was made in 1990, but I don't know if that's accurate or not. Appears to be in overall nice condition. This is supposed to be an 18.5 inch barrel but for some reason seems longer - maybe it's just my 56-year old eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links