+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 30 Round G3 Contract Mag Value....

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default 30 Round G3 Contract Mag Value....

I have a MM11 on the way (insert fecal eating grin here) and since the betamags are still sometime out and I cannot cough up 1200.00 clams for an HK 50rd Drum I was thinking of procuring some 30 rd contract mags.
    What would be a fair price for mint units? I remember them floating around for 30 bucks many moons ago but know I'm seeing them on GB for 100.00 plus.....
    Just want some advice from other addicts.
    Thanks,
    P.
    \ə-ˈdik-shən, a-\
    P30/P7M8x4/P7M13/P7M10N/P7PSPx3/HK4x3x8Conv/P9S9MMCom
    VP70Z/MK23/USP9FS/USP9FSLEMJFNS/USP9CSNS/USP9MMExpJF/USP40JFODGr/
    USP40TacJF/USP40EXPJF/USP45FSNS1&1SS/USP45C
    USP45 ELITE/USP45T.Euro/USP45StSMatch1Factory1Clone/
    HK91(MSG90/Sprfld SAR3HKint/MM11/MSG90SW/Vol51/770/270x2/300
    PTR91X2Decked/V53FS/SR9TC/HK91A2/HK91A3/HK93A2/HK94A3
    G36 Conv/SL8-1/UMPconv/CA94/SP10/BW5FS/SW5PDW/CA89KX3/V53LS/Cst51/

You can get them for much less than $100. I prefer the two piece welded mags, picked one up for $10 NIW at a gun show a couple of weeks ago. I stumbled upon this auction just last month http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8381111
    There are some straight one piece contract mags on GB for $45.http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90988520
    They are out there, you just have to shop. Matt

Default Contract Mags

The contract mags are like the first link you listed. They are quite scarce. The
    real HK units I remember are very well made and have two little "tits' sticking out of the top of the mag and bottom if you are looking at the mag as it would be sitting in the gun with someone pointing the weapon at you to put a round through your chest.
    I did find some locally and went ahead and grabbed them. I paid for them heavily, but since I have not seem them for a couple of years (and I live 30 miles from Kieslers and Knob Creek so I see alot of toys) I thought I should jump on them while the iron was hot. The only one on GB at this time has a bid of 100.01 and the reserve is not met. Ironically it is listed from a shop that is local to me? I know Jim's Gun Room in New Albany IN was a major player in the HK world in the Mid80's through mid90's and I remember him having a couple of hundred of these in the back of his shop selling them mail order back then for $50 each. He had everything you can think of from that period HK. MP5 briefcases sitting around, MP5's lining the walls, G3's, PSG1's etc.....those were the days.
    P.

picked up a few 30rd HK mags with the tits, $50 each.

also there is the Cetme 30rd mags that will work....not much less but maybe more of them out there

So what was the local value if you don't mind me asking?
    I bought some 30 rounders last year that came in a white box. No tits like the others I have, but they do have visible spotweld marks to hold the guide strip inside. They work perfect and were only $25. Matt

be wary of those contract mags, they dont work. also alot of counterfeits out there that resemble the "welded" factory mags, without nipples and few spot welds compared with the originals.originals are factory painted as well and do not have nasty welds, but a clean reinforcing bars across the flat sides. the real mags are made from one piece of sheet metal, not two mags welded together. be careful because people are charging alot for these mags and the uninformed will be ripped off! just because someone had these for years dont mean they didnt have fakes for years without knowing

Default 30 Rnd pics

Here are the ones that I'm talking about. I know that these are the real deal. This pair came to me directly from and HK Rep in 1989 with the clamp. I found them earlier today while digging through some of my extra totes. I thought I had sold the set 10yrs ago but I did not! Nice the "nice Tits"

and the look like the correct blue/gray finish, my buddy has one that matches his IB 91 perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by PolygonalGuy View Post
    Here are the ones that I'm talking about. I know that these are the real deal. This pair came to me directly from and HK Rep in 1989 with the clamp. I found them earlier today while digging through some of my extra totes. I thought I had sold the set 10yrs ago but I did not! Nice the "nice Tits"

cant get enuff of these mags!
    [img][/img][img][/img]

WOW! :D

needless to say....if ya want to part with any...let me know :)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey6 View Post
    cant get enuff of these mags!
    [img][/img][img][/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links