+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK & CETME tri-rail handguard

Default HK & CETME tri-rail handguard

Hey all! I was looging for a railed handguard for the hk-91 & found that Tapco used to make them but are discontinued now. Pretty cool looking aluminum tri-rail forearm/handguard. There are still a few left at www.gunandholster.com. I bought 2 for a CETME kit I'm building & a spare for future builds. They are $134.99 I believe & part# stk86310. I saw one sell on ebay last week for $165. The closest thing I've seen like them are sold by DSA for over $300. Just thought some of you might be interested.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
    Hey all! I was looging for a railed handguard for the hk-91 & found that Tapco used to make them but are discontinued now. Pretty cool looking aluminum tri-rail forearm/handguard. There are still a few left at www.gunandholster.com. I bought 2 for a CETME kit I'm building & a spare for future builds. They are $134.99 I believe & part# stk86310. I saw one sell on ebay last week for $165. The closest thing I've seen like them are sold by DSA for over $300. Just thought some of you might be interested.
    Nice. Thanks for the post.

Picture:

"Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

That goin' on the same gun as the mount you asked me about? Must see it when it is done!

Is that all one piece or do the rails screw on to the handguard? It's kinda hard to tell from the picture.
    History is not happenstance, it is conspiratorial: carefully planned and executed by people in power.

Darth, I believe it's all one piece. This handguard is going on a CETME parts kit I bought on Gunbroker.com recently. I scored a great deal on the CETME kit. It came with 2 wood h/g, 1 plastic h/g, 3 wood stocks, 3 grips, new barrel, 4 rear sight assy's, 2 trunions, 2 cocking handle tubes, new flash hider, lower receiver, & a bunch of other stuff. Almost enough to build another CETME. I'm going to try to make it all black & wicked looking! For my PTR I bought three 6" rails from PTR ($18 each) that bolt right on to the aluminum h/g. They went right on & with rail covers give it a more comfortable feel up front.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

I have PTR's forend/RAS as well which was why I asked about that one being one piece. Btw, on their rifle length handguard, you can put an additional 3" piece of rail on the bottom if you put the 6 1/2" piece all the way to the back or the front. There still isn't as much space as there is on that thing though. Even empty rail space makes a rifle look all that much more evil and black imo. Lookin forward to seeing that CETME.

Thanks Darth! I hope it's a success. I am going to follow the AGI "building a HK91/CETME from a kit" video as well as a couple of tips from the forums. I'm looking into finding a Century arms CETME as I have seen advertized in SGN. They are cheap like $600-$700. As long as it does not say "CETME SPORTER", made in Spain, I think it'll fly with the law. I think.

+ Reply to Thread

Links