+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTK accuracy of Standard HK 91 w/ Standard HK 91 Barrel

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Smile WTK accuracy of Standard HK 91 w/ Standard HK 91 Barrel

WTK accuracy of Standard FACTORK HK 91 with FACTORY HK 91 STANDARD LEGNTH BARREL from 100-500 yds. Please let me know and If possible post pics of targets and ammunition. I am curious to see what the performance is with Federal 168Gr BTHP Match King. Willl this perform MOA or Sub-MOA with this ammunition? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris
    swatarmor@aol.com
    SRT1112
    HK 91
    HK 91 with MSG 90 type conversion.
    HK 51
    PTR 91

Formerly owned clones:
    MP5SD (RDTS replics SD)
    MP5K (IGF)
    MP5 (IGF)

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Default 91 accuracy

I guess no HKpro members have checked the accuracy of their 91's???? Help please? I need to decide if it is worth picking up a standand HK 91 with a Standard Barrel.
    Thanks
    Chris

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by srt1112 View Post
    WTK accuracy of Standard FACTORK HK 91 with FACTORY HK 91 STANDARD LEGNTH BARREL from 100-500 yds. Please let me know and If possible post pics of targets and ammunition. I am curious to see what the performance is with Federal 168Gr BTHP Match King. Willl this perform MOA or Sub-MOA with this ammunition? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Chris
    swatarmor@aol.com
    Are you the original owner? If not, there's no way you can know how much it's been shot.

But no, I doubt you'll get MOA, and definitely not sub-MOA on a factory HK91. I get around 1-1.5MOA with my SR9T. My 91's get more like 2-3MOA with the same scope. Cheaper ammo gets more like 4-5 MOA.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I have never consistantly gotten MOA, let alone "sub" with any consistency, even with FGMM.

I average around 1.5 - 2" groups at 100 yards. On occassion, I have gotten a few sub-moa 5 shot groups out of it, but I tend to look at them as flukes, as I cannot duplicate them with any degree of regularity.

I started to go the MSG-90 route in a conversion but figured, for the money involved, that there were other platforms that promised greated accuracy.

Still haven't tried to handload for the 91. I'm hoping to do some experimenting in the not too distant future.

Greg

What is the rate of twist for the HK91 anyway? I know my clone is 1x12. Just curious.

mj1

With the short barrel a lot will depend on the ammo. 150g Privi pellets and open sites is OK. 168g SMK pellets can be amazing in hand loads. I have one batch of CAVIM brass with ten loads on them.

MOT 150g hand loads

168g SMK is good for soda can dancing at 300y.

What is it your looking for?

...MJ...

i only shot 2 clips through my 91, I averaged between 2 and 5 inches at one hundred yards depending on ammo. One clip of georgia arms 168 hpbt match averaged a little under two inches with one flyer, 1 clip of mil surplus was closer to 5. I'm also pretty much blind, so take it for what it's worth......

Very Senior Member

Accuracy to 500 yards is Minute-of-Man!! ;) IT IS, AFTERALL, A BATTLE RIFLE!

Seriously, with the shooter doing his/her part and with good ammunition, the HK91 is capable of consistent 2-3MOA accuracy out to 500 yards. I have owned 91's in various configurations for almost 2 decades and have never had one that would shoot MOA. The best accuracy with the best ammo out of the best 91 I have owned would print just under 2MOA (168gr FGMM and BH).

My SR9 TC will should right at 1.5 MOA no matter what I feed it (weird...I know). It really has almost no accuracy difference between $30+ per box BH or FGMM and rack-grade Winchester/Remington/etc.

As for the MSG-90 route...I went there and mine will print just over MOA with "good" commercial ammo and with 168gr and 175gr BH and handloads, it will shoot sub-MOA all day from the bench using a Leupy Mk4 M3 3.5-10x40 scope.
    "Better pointed bullets than pointed speeches."

USP Match 45
    USP Expert 9mm
    USPc 45
    P7M13
    91A3
    SR9 TC
    MSG-90 Clone

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by dan_wilson_ou View Post
    i only shot 2 clips through my 91, I averaged between 2 and 5 inches at one hundred yards depending on ammo. One clip of georgia arms 168 hpbt match averaged a little under two inches with one flyer, 1 clip of mil surplus was closer to 5. I'm also pretty much blind, so take it for what it's worth......
    You mean "magazines".

Clips are used in M1's. ;)

And if you guys can get 1.5 MOA out of an SR9T with even cheap ammo, then mine must have been shot a lot before I bought it. On a no-wind day, laying it perfectly still on a bench rest, I can't get better than 3 MOA with cheap soft point ammo.
    Last edited by AviatorDave; 10-17-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    You mean "magazines".

Clips are used in M1's. ;)

And if you guys can get 1.5 MOA out of an SR9T with even cheap ammo, then mine must have been shot a lot before I bought it. On a no-wind day, laying it perfectly still on a bench rest, I can't get better than 3 MOA with cheap soft point ammo.
    My best SR9T group was 10 shots, .9 inches at 100Y, and, believe it or not, a scope adjustment in the middle of that group.

I also routinely put all 5 insidde a half inch red dot sticker.

Handloads, mild, pushing 168 MKs.

I have heard many people, relativley, who say their Sr9T won't shoot well, and very few who have excellent shooters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links