+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK91 vs. HK93

Default HK91 vs. HK93

If you could only have one, which and why?
    thanks,
    Wesley

Default Re: HK91 vs. HK93

Well I've had both but currently only have the 93. I opted to keep it as it was the more rare of the two and it would be easy to replace a 91 at some point in the future. Other than that it comes down to purely what caliber you prefer to shoot.

91... because sometimes you feel like over penetration.

Very Senior Member

HK 91A3, because its a man's gun

Kenneth Lew

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Lew (edited 07-11-2001).]

Wesley,

I feel that an HK91 has no equal (other than an HK41, G3 etc).
    The HK93 is a fine gun but way too heavy for a 223. For 223, I think an AR15 is far superior to the HK93.

Regards,
    George
    In sunny Arizona

I have to jump back in here to back up George, I agree the AR is a much superior gun to the 93 all around...everything from accessories to magazines are more plentiful and less costly. It's also far superior in terms of ergonomics and general handling qualities.

Desperately Needs Treatment

That's what I have been trying to tell everyone on the G36vsM16 thread. M4 is the best compromise in this politic climate you try to survive in. as far as the 91 vs 93, I take both, why choose, it just give you more grey hair.

If you really have to have one, then 93 would be my choice, you can turn it into a G33K, or G53. ammo is cheaper. only down side to it is the magazine, and parts, they tend to be more expensive the the 91. hummm, then again, 91 is pretty bitchen, since you can have a G3K, or a G21, yea, belt fed, baby. I can't decide, look what you started. f@#k it, save you money and buy both.

[This message has been edited by SMGLee (edited 07-11-2001).]

my take on this is... if these were the only options you were considering of, then there are a number of vartiables that must be considered.
    Ammo) what calibur do you really want to shoot? for the weight you can carry more 5.56 than you can 7.62. but 7.62 will punch thru a cinder block wall. 7.62 is, IMHO, more accurate at range.
    Weapon weight) the 93 weighs considerably less than the 91, but that extra weight lends to the power behind a butt stroke if it comes down to that.
    Length) the 93 is a bit shorter making it a bit easier to get around in some locales.

Personally I would take a 91, I'm not that big of a guy but the weight isn't that much of a problem for me while I know other guys bigger than I couldn't hack it. I shoot considerably better with a .308, no logical explination, I just do. I also dont see a problem with going into confined spaces with it... that's when I switch over to my SBR Reminton 870.

there are other factors and I'm far from being an expert, especially considering the majority of those on the board, so i know I haven't thought of them all. but the 91 would be my choice as it fits the bill best for the niche' I have in my mind ofr a long arm.

Very Senior Member

Look at this question from the muzzle end instead of the butt end. If you were under live fire, which rifle would you rather be opposing? While not a pleasant prospect in any case, I believe if I had to make such a choice I would stand a better chance if the other guy were using a 93 instead of a 91. That means *I* want the 91!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1:
    I have to jump back in here to back up George, I agree the AR is a much superior gun to the 93 all around...everything from accessories to magazines are more plentiful and less costly. It's also far superior in terms of ergonomics and general handling qualities.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The reasons that you give for choosing an AR over an HK are the same reasons I have an HK not an AR. I've held but never shot a 93, and I've shot 91, AR-10, AR-15, MP-5, Olympic SMG, and Colt SMG. To me the HKs are much more ergonomic and better balanced. As far as accessories go, most of the AR's are pointless/redundant, and HK has plenty available. With mags and parts, you get what you pay for. This is an arguement for another topic, so I'll move on.

In the current political climate I'd take a 93, because they are harder to find. However the 91 is cheaper and a .308, so that's what I have. I would trade my 91 for a 93, but only since I know I can get another 91 later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads