+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my MP5SD and MP5k clones. Tips for cleaning the SD?

Default Finally got my MP5SD and MP5k clones. Tips for cleaning the SD?

ATF approved all of my Form 4's while I was out of the country, so I got to pick up all of this together from Darin. I only have the Coharie supplied magazines, and I experienced FTE's on both the SD and K. The mount on the K is just a cheap airsoft mount we were trying out to see if any mount would work, since I've read some clone receivers won't accept a mount without fitting. The SD had fewer FTE's than the K. I'm going to buy decent mags and try those next. Hopefully I get the FTE's fixed before my sear paperwork is approved. Would a bad magazine affect case ejection? The most common failure was the empty not being ejected and a new round being double-fed into the chamber with the empty.

The sound difference between the suppressed K and the SD is amazing. However the K was still comfortable to shoot without hearing protection even though it shoots supersonic. The stainless steel suppressor on the SD makes it heavy but recoil is very controllable. I was looking through this thread for SD cleaning tips, do you guys have any more?

Some other things we shot:

I snapped a pic right as the brass was being ejected:
    Last edited by M14fun; 05-19-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your stamps.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Congrats!!! This has to be one of the most awesome first post. Keep us updated on how the break in goes.

Supporting Vendor

M14......nice units you have there. your FTE's could be several things. Change only 1 thing at a time...that way you know what you are chasing. Start with....what ammo are you running through it?
    Dj

by the picture it looks like Winchester white box

Quote Originally Posted by optoomistic View Post
    by the picture it looks like Winchester white box
    Yep it was WWB. I'm going to start by trying better magazines and see how that works.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by M14fun View Post
    Yep it was WWB.
    Try some better ammo, WWB is kinda anemic. And I absolutely won't use it in any more F/A guns. I already had two squib rounds which bulged the barrels on two of my guns.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

Supporting Vendor

M14,
    shattered is right....stay away from the WWB 9mm in these guns. That ammo will give you fits. Start with better ammo (I know it will cost more) like federal or pmc (alot of people do well with wolf ammo). That should do the trick. suppressed models can be finicky on ammo (alot different chamber pressures going on etc). So also try different grain tips (115,124,147). Most likely the culprit is that the bolt isn't cycling rearward enough & you are not getting a complete ejection. This process works best by eliminating one thing at a time then moving to the next.
    Dj

Supporting Vendor

M14,
    also really simple to do, while you have'er apart for cleaning. check the extractor...make sure there is no wobble & that she is really TIGHT!
    Dj

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

M14: congrat's and welcome aboard. I'm also interested in cleaning tips for the ports as I have a form 4 for my SD in the works. I called Val at E&L to see if they carried anything which they do not but he suggest purchasing a 1/8" tapered brass reamer from a tool shop (whatever that is). Anyone else have something to share?

If the ammo doesn't correct the FTE's I would try the 1 at a time approach replacing the extractor, extractor spring, recoil rod then if the problem still exists with all three HK parts in there then I would try another bolt head.

If your near Tampa, FL I have the parts to help you test it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links