+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full auto packs

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default Full auto packs

Quick question, how difficult is it to add the auto burst to a registered sear pack?

Desperately Needs Treatment

You really can't add it.

The burst and SEF packs are very different from each other. If you have SEF and want burst. You buy a semi-auto burst pack and send your SEF/w sear and burst pack off to your favorite dealer along with a check for the labor =). The dealer then sends back your FA converted burst pack. More sear ready packs than sears is a no-no, so the dealer keeps the SEF pack.

Quote Originally Posted by trek45 View Post
    1. There is no semi-auto burst pack.
    Yep miss typed, was thinking pick up the FA burst pack, and have it converted to use the sear.

Quote Originally Posted by trek45 View Post
    2. Registered SEF packs can be converted to burst:
    They can but the cost is VERY high compared to buying a navy pack and having it converted.
    From what I have been told, about the only time it would be worth doing is if you have a registered pack, and not a registered sear.

LOL, more confused now then before. So if I wanted a 4 position trigger pak, the best way would be to buy a F/A pak and place a registered sear into it. Buying a registered F/A trigger pak and adding the 3 round burst parts from a spare trigger pak isn't the way to go.

My feeling is buy a pack

You will also need a sear

Send them off to your favorite H&K smith, and have them put together.

That said I've got a burst pack, because it came on my SD. I think I shot 1 mag in burst mode and then its been in the full position ever since. 2/3 round burst may be a nice configuration for a LEO or training shooters new to FA, but when I decide I want some happy switch time, I want all the way happy

Got it, one last question I hope. The old school rifles like the G3, 91, 93. Do they work correctly with a 4 position pak. They were originally designed as semi or full, so I imagine they would work in burst without any issues but wanted to be sure as they weren't made that way. if I don't ask then I'll be kicking myself for assuming.

Good question. Better to ask than regret not asking later.

In a H&K roller locked gun, all of the 'magic' of the fire control system is in the trigger pack. There are some subtle exceptions, but generally speaking all the trigger packs for the HK 9x series are interchangeable.
    A 91 can use a Semi-only, SEF, 2-round or 3-round burst, Navy, FA only Navy, 4-position Navy, etc....

Generally as you move the packs from gun to gun you must change the ejector, and you may need to change the hammer spring. Many folks have had good success with an intermediate (from the 10mm/40cal) hammer spring across all the guns.

If you have not yet read The Mechanics of the Heckler & Koch NFA Conversions you should. It really should be required reading for anyone contemplating the acquisition of a full-auto transferable H&K arm. It gives some good history of the conversions, what are the more/less preferred methods of conversion and should answer a few questions you didn't even know to ask.

LEO
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I would rather buy a pack where the sear is already installed. Having to wait even longer to have a smith install a sear purchased separately would just suck!! ha-ha

MP5K, MP5, MP5SD, HK53, P7M8, P7M8 (Chrome)

if your smith is also your class-3 dealer, its going to be in his vault for months anyway... so net-net its no extra waiting.

kind of curious as to how much it would run to put a sear in a 4 position pack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links