+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 308/.22 suppressor

Very Senior Member

Default 308/.22 suppressor

I want to supress my up coming g3 and wonder if the 308 can would have any effect on a .22?

Very Senior Member

It wouldn't be very efficient (ie quiet) is my guess and also the 22lr may dirt up your 30 caliber can. You may want to think about a dedicated 22lr can for 22lr it should only be about 200

Desperately Needs Treatment

I will lower the sound level, but most .22's drop a lot of powder, and lead into your can. Very few centerfire cans are able to be opened for cleaning, so once the crap gets in there its there for good.

A decent .22 can isn't that much money and will be smaller, lighter, more efficient, and should be cleanable.

I'd get dedicated cans rather than trying to have one make do.

Quote Originally Posted by alfahornet View Post
    ....You may want to think about a dedicated 22lr can for 22lr it should only be about 200
    There is no .22lr can I know of that is $200. $325 and up is what you see, in the USA. And don't forget the $200 transfer tax.

But, I agree. the .22 will gunk up any non-take-apart can. now, if I decided to stop shooting 9mm, I could use my 9mm can and realize it will get filled up somewhere down the road.....

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
    There is no .22lr can I know of that is $200. $325 and up is what you see, in the USA. And don't forget the $200 transfer tax.
    Thompson Machine New Updated Zephyr .22LR Suppressors
    Thompson Machine New Updated Zephyr XL .22LR Suppressors
    Both are $199.99 plus tax ($200 to transfer plus sales tax if applicable) - Sorry forgot last night about the stamp which doubles the cost

Now about the listed cans. Before last weekend I had heard about them but never saw one. Then last week I shot one of a P22 and one an AR15 22lr Spike's upper and they were comparable to other 22lr cans I'd previously seen and the price makes them in my opinion very interesting.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

'Think my TAC 65 .22 Suppressor was $199.00; plus you can disassemble it for routine cleaning. After you see exactly what is collected (yuk) in a .22 suppressor, from just a box of 50 subsonic rounds, you'll think twice about shooting .22 through your .308 suppressor...

Very Senior Member

Thanks Everyone! guess I'll be getting mutible cans...

Very Senior Member

i have a dedicated 22 can but i have a Coastal 308 can that comes apart for cleaning. i shoot 22lr through it all the time and it is just as quiet as a dedicated can. $450

it is bulletproof but it is heavy.

+ Reply to Thread

Links