+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK53 NFA For Sale Question

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Default HK53 NFA For Sale Question

I ran across this and ask the guy if there was a fleming sear in it as you can see it is a shelf receiver. I was told the receiver is on a form 4 as a machine gun, but how can this be legally as it isn't a push pin receiver? If there isn't a fleming sear and it's a machine gun it must have a converted SEF pack to make it a machine gun right?

WTS: Transferable HK53 > Pic. - M4Carbine.net Forums

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Likely a registered receiver, find out who did the conversion - if it is a S&H, those have essentially a SEF with a machined sear (not stamped). They repositioned sear to allow the receiver to still have the shelf - aka same set up as a transferable sear but you cant move the SEF pack to another gun - big no no

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I ran across this and ask the guy if there was a fleming sear in it as you can see it is a shelf receiver. I was told the receiver is on a form 4 as a machine gun, but how can this be legally as it isn't a push pin receiver? If there isn't a fleming sear and it's a machine gun it must have a converted SEF pack to make it a machine gun right?

WTS: Transferable HK53 > Pic. - M4Carbine.net Forums
    It doesn't have to have a push-pin to be a registered receiver. By the wording on his ad, it seems it was a registyered receiver 93 then cut down to a 53. I would ask if it was papered as a 93 and if it was, did Ralph remark it to HK53. Thats a no-no. And at 14,995, it's not a screaming deal. IMO.
    Jim Corby
    Stocking Class 3 Dealer

SIDE ARM SAMS
    2148 NW 17th Street
    Pompano Beach, FL., 33069

PH. 954-971-4440 FAX 954-971-4442
    sidearmsam@aol.com
    jcorby@sidearmsams.com

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

It was done on a 93 by HTA and Ralph did the 53 conversion work. I had never see or run across a machine gun done like this before and was kinda unsure of it.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Personally, registered receiver shelf guns make me nervous. I understand the legality of it, but I still don't think I would own one unless the deal was to good to pass up. If you want an RR, find a swing down. IMO

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by Obiefox View Post
    Personally, registered receiver shelf guns make me nervous. I understand the legality of it, but I still don't think I would own one unless the deal was to good to pass up. If you want an RR, find a swing down. IMO
    I agree. If it's a semi cut, I'd rather get a sear gun.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I agree, I guess this is why you don't see very many out there.

LEO
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

From the original ad....

"I'm selling a registered receiver HK53, transferable on a Form 4. This was an HK93 when I bought it & sent it to the renowned Ralph Smith, owner of RDTS in AZ.
    Ralph shortened it to the factory correct 53 length & then restamped it HK 53. He added an HK53 4 prong FH, a paddle mag release & the proper 53
    foregrip, not the commonly seen MP5 short version. He performed a function check (2 magazines) deemed it up to his rigorous standards, cleaned it &
    then returned it to me. It has been unfired since, in my safe & is currently on a Form 4. For sale @ $14,995. shipped (CONUS) w/ the first tax to your SOT paid by me."

MP5K, MP5, MP5SD, HK53, P7M8, P7M8 (Chrome)

+ Reply to Thread

Links