+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Options for cutting HK 94 barrel for registered SBR?

Default Options for cutting HK 94 barrel for registered SBR?

I am thinking about filling out a Form 1 to SBR my HK 94. I want to the leave gun stock but cut the barrel to the same length as a MP5. After I have the barrel cut, I want to be able to mount a suppressor to the barrel. What are my options and who is a good company that can cut the barrel for me?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

That's easy. Curtis with S&H in owasso, ok. It can cut down, threaded and a 3 lug added. It'll look great and be done right! Best of all worlds. I think he will restamp it too if you want.

Desperately Needs Treatment

There's got to be a cheaper way than chopping a 94 barrel. No sources for pulled barrels or US made?

HKPRO Professional

Might as well get the form 1 in the mail while you decide on who will do the work cause you will have plenty of time. Been waiting 6 months now for one to return... Or just send the 94 off for the SBR treatment and when it is papered back, work will be done and engraved by a company instead of you.

How cheap do you want to be? I am frugal but I even have a line for quality work.

Chuck
    MP5SD
    MP5
    HK93
    SP89
    MM23e
    USP Tactical 45
    USP 45

Clouding the matter with facts on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCK_in_IN View Post
    How cheap do you want to be? I am frugal but I even have a line for quality work.

Chuck

I want quality work that matches what HK would put out. I am not trying to be "cheap". I just don't care about fake pinned lowers, or re-stamped receivers that say "HK MP5" and things like that. I want a high quality functional gun. I could care less about pretending that I own an MP5. My only goal here is to have a factory accurate and reliable MP5 length barrel that has a fool-proof means of attaching a quality suppressor, a suppressor (yet to be purchased) that I would also like to use on an SBR Uzi.

I only want to deal with a reputable company on this mod. If I have to pay a little more, then I am willing. As I understand it, cutting the barrel is far easier than changing out the barrel.

Requiescat in Pace

Is about the draw either way if you know what you are doing (for Chuck in IN he can probably change a barrel faster .... ;-). The cut barrel with a well attached and well installed tri lug works for people that don't do this for a living (i.e. police and military). For the worst case the tri lug on a cut barrel can be an issue, but really only when using you MP5 suppressor to break out windows, walls and heads ... not typical usage ;-). I have a MP5 with a shortened barrel from years ago, that planned on swapping when the barrel went ... but now no more HK barrels around ;-(.

The plus to a cut down tri lug is that it is a German barrel with what ever wear you have on it, now that one has to nearly purchase a parts kit to get a German barrel with unknown level of wear. That said some of the RCM barrels are looking interesting.

If you EVER wish to restamp the gun, get is restamped before it is a NFA SBR ... maybe a few seconds before, but before.

P.S. Have a tri lug Uzi barrel that I use with my HK can and it works fine.
    Last edited by JTinIN; 01-04-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Regards
    John
    [url]http://www.556beltfed.com[/url]
    [img]http://www.hkpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1307_1.gif[/img]

Have it cut down and three lugged. It will still be an HK factory BBL and you won't be able to tell the difference. There are several good smiths that offer this service for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnflyz View Post
    Have it cut down and three lugged. It will still be an HK factory BBL and you won't be able to tell the difference. There are several good smiths that offer this service for a reasonable price.
    That looks nice. Is the 3-lug component a slip-over unit that is welded in place? Does the barrel have to be removed to perform this mod? What does it cost? Why does one not have threads? can you recommend anyone?

Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by 57Strat View Post
    That looks nice. Is the 3-lug component a slip-over unit that is welded in place? Does the barrel have to be removed to perform this mod? What does it cost? Why does one not have threads? can you recommend anyone?
    Typically the 3 lug component is threaded on and attached (solder, adhesive, pins etc.)
    Curtis at S&H use to do this on the gun
    Several hundred but check
    Two types of 3 lug, with threads (navy) and w/o (little cleaner if only using tri lug cans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links