+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Copy of divorce letter?

  1. #1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : May 2007
    Location : Raleigh, NC
    Age : 54
    Posts : 463

    Default Copy of divorce letter?

    Would anyone be willing to share with me a copy of the letter or addendum that you sent the ATF to divorce your sear? Of course you could mark out personal info. I just received 2 approved Form 1's to SBR the HK Hosts today and would like to get those faxed in.

    Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by shelby67_27614; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Location : Indiana
    Posts : 241

    Default

    May be I am wrong, if so please ignore. Assuming the registered part is the sear and not the receiver and it is so marked on the form 4. My understanding was that all you would have to do divorce a sear from the host gun, would be to register the host gun as an SBR if applicable.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jun 2003
    Location : Las Vegas, NV
    Age : 55
    Posts : 2,302

    Default

    +1. You don't need any letter to divorce a sear from the host. The sear has been an unrestricted NFA item since it was originally registered after approval of the Form 2. The only reason that the host and the sear were "married" is, if the sear is removed from the host firearm, the host firearm would be in an unregistered SBR configuration. So the issue for the NFA Branch would be the configuration of the host firearm, not the sear. But the sear covers the host firearm while the sear is installed. You have addressed the configuration issue with the host firearms by registering those firearms as SBRs. The host firearms are now registered so you would need to show documentation if asked by Law Enforcement because those firearms are now registered. For me personally, I never filed any letter with the NFA Branch after I received my approved Form 1 for the Vollmer converted 94 that came with my Fleming sear. So as long as the host firearms are in SBR configuration with the engraving of the information, of the entity that you filed the paperwork under, you should be all set.

    Congratulations on your approved tax stamps. You are now possibly on the path to having more money in host guns than in the sears themselves. I crossed that line a while ago. I certainly have more in host guns than I spent for my sear in 2006. The hosts are addicting. A 9mm K, reverse stretch 9mm, full size 9mm, 9mm SD, full size .40 S&W, .40 S&W SD, 53K AR, 53 AR, and, .40 S&W reverse stretch, .45 SBR, 33K AR, 33 AR, in the works...

    Scott

  4. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    kwesi's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2007
    Posts : 2,044

    Default

    Scott: no 10mm?

  5. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : May 2007
    Location : Raleigh, NC
    Age : 54
    Posts : 463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    +1. You don't need any letter to divorce a sear from the host. The sear has been an unrestricted NFA item since it was originally registered after approval of the Form 2. The only reason that the host and the sear were "married" is, if the sear is removed from the host firearm, the host firearm would be in an unregistered SBR configuration. So the issue for the NFA Branch would be the configuration of the host firearm, not the sear. But the sear covers the host firearm while the sear is installed. You have addressed the configuration issue with the host firearms by registering those firearms as SBRs. The host firearms are now registered so you would need to show documentation if asked by Law Enforcement because those firearms are now registered. For me personally, I never filed any letter with the NFA Branch after I received my approved Form 1 for the Vollmer converted 94 that came with my Fleming sear. So as long as the host firearms are in SBR configuration with the engraving of the information, of the entity that you filed the paperwork under, you should be all set.

    Congratulations on your approved tax stamps. You are now possibly on the path to having more money in host guns than in the sears themselves. I crossed that line a while ago. I certainly have more in host guns than I spent for my sear in 2006. The hosts are addicting. A 9mm K, reverse stretch 9mm, full size 9mm, 9mm SD, full size .40 S&W, .40 S&W SD, 53K AR, 53 AR, and, .40 S&W reverse stretch, .45 SBR, 33K AR, 33 AR, in the works...

    Scott
    This logic makes perfect sense......Thank you for the lengthy response.....I do have an extra HK91, HK93 and V53 and want an SD and MM23

  6. #6
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jun 2003
    Location : Las Vegas, NV
    Age : 55
    Posts : 2,302

    Default

    Originally I had bought two Vector V89-40 SD parts sets. I was planning to have one of the barrels rechambered to 10mm AUTO. After talking with Jeff, I decided to just have both kits built in .40 S&W. Jeff delivered a 9mm K, two full size 9mm and two full size .40 S&W last month. He is in the process of building me the two .40 caliber SDs, two 9mm SDs using the SD front end kits with RCM SD bolt groups from Adam, and three 53K ARs. I still have two HK53s and two 33K kits with SW93 AR receivers to be built, but Jeff said to hold off shipping those until the seven guns he's working on are done. I have a 10mm K barrel that I want to have built into a reverse stretch, but that will be after the two .40 S&W K barrels are built into reverse stretch guns.

    I'd love to have a MM23, but right now I have too many irons in the fire. Maybe next year. I have a water cooled 20" set up with KNS spade grips to use with my DIAS. Set up on a MG42 AA tripod, even my three year old can shoot it (with some help from dad). For off the shoulder I use a MGI upper with three 14.5" Bushmaster fluted heavy barrels. Both set ups can use mags or a my Valkyrie Armaments feed mech. So having a belt fed HK sear host isn't as pressing. With over 1.5 gallons of water in the water cooled upper, the 20" fluted barrel stays very cool. I have almost 8,000 rds through it and I've yet to see any throat erosion. Good luck with your host projects.

    Scott

  7. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Shattered Mind's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2007
    Location : North Roller Coast
    Posts : 9,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfahornet View Post
    May be I am wrong, if so please ignore. Assuming the registered part is the sear and not the receiver and it is so marked on the form 4. My understanding was that all you would have to do divorce a sear from the host gun, would be to register the host gun as an SBR if applicable.
    Kinda... there was a letter once published outlining the procedure to help explain what you wished to accomplish by SBRing the gun. Most people just file the SBR paperwork to allow them to throw a stock on their host pistol to make it actually serviceable. Others wish to divorce the sear FROM a married gun and this letter he's looking for helped to do that. I just can't remember if it was posted here or subguns back in the day.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

    Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!


    Certified MM leghumper...

  8. #8
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : May 2007
    Location : Raleigh, NC
    Age : 54
    Posts : 463

    Default

    In my mind, mine is more complicated since my SBR's are are now in my trusts name and the sears are in my name. Why can't we all just get along?....lol

  9. #9
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jun 2003
    Location : Las Vegas, NV
    Age : 55
    Posts : 2,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shelby67_27614 View Post
    In my mind, mine is more complicated since my SBR's are are now in my trusts name and the sears are in my name. Why can't we all just get along?....lol
    That is exactly my situation. I bought my Fleming sear in a Vollmer converted 94. Since that time my wife and I created a Revocable Trust for estate planning purposes. All the NFA items I've purchase since creation of the trust have been transferred into the trust. The NFA Branch knows that the firearm named in the sear paperwork (the married host) has had a change in status (registration of the host firearm as a SBR). I'm sure if you wanted to you could state that fact in a letter and they could add that letter to the file for the sear. I didn't bother because the NFA Branch was the one that approved the change in status. I just keep a copy of my Form 1 with the copy of my Form 4 for the sear, even if I don't take the SBR with the sear. YMMV.

    Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

a copy of a divorce letter

,

congratulations on your divorce letter

,
coppy of a devorce letter
,

copy of a divorce letter

,
copy of devorce letter
,

copy of divorce letter

,
divorce gun registration change
,

divorce letter

,
divorce letter copy
,
divorsing a reg hk sear from a sbr
,

hk91 divorce

,
possible to hk divorce sear from host
Click on a term to search for related topics.