+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone suppressed their MR762 yet?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Ok quick update on a short phone call with HK. According to them, they haven't done any testing to suppress the MR762 and therefore have no relevant data to share. The gentlemen I spoke to also stated that the thread pitch of the barrel end is proprietary and to his knowledge, no manufacturer makes an adapter for a suppressor. (I have some serious doubts on this statement, unless MR308 model have a completely different thread pitch)
    I am pretty sure that frogman in another thread said he had the Surefire adapter on his MR762 but not the suppressor. I am heading to my Class III dealer here in a few minutes I will see what he tells me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Ok quick update on a short phone call with HK. According to them, they haven't done any testing to suppress the MR762 and therefore have no relevant data to share. The gentlemen I spoke to also stated that the thread pitch of the barrel end is proprietary and to his knowledge, no manufacturer makes an adapter for a suppressor. (I have some serious doubts on this statement, unless MR308 model have a completely different thread pitch). It is getting very discouraging. It seems the harder I look for answers, the more questions I come up with.

My next step will be to contact Surefire and research data they have for HK applications. If they have definite product recommendations for the 762 then they may have the info we need.
    @Diesel. Emailed SF a few months ago and my questions were escalated/sent to Garin Lee. Not sure his exact title but something like Manager or Technical manager of the Suppressor Division.

Anyhows, he was supper responsive and very helpful. I wanted to inquire about which flash suppressor/hider/QD to purchase for the suppressor to attach to. Both for the HK416 and the MR762.

I wanted to know difference between "prong" style suppressor and non-prong style aka bird-cage style version. IIRC, the former is FH556-215A and the latter is FH556-212A. He mentioned that the former has better flash suppression between the 2, but tends to have a "ping" tuning fork sound that is inherent with all open prong flash suppressor/hider

Both work on HK416, but SOCOM decided on the former. I figured it good enough for SOCOM, definitely good enough for me. : )

I asked a bunch of questions about "normal" full length suppressor vs. min suppressor vs. mini-monster suppressor vs. micro. The micro is no longer available to civilians. Not sure if SF still sells the Micro the military, but I will let others with current or past military experience chime in.

Bottom line, you can ask SF about which and what you should use for your MR762. They should know.

Although my research was focused on the 416, the links below and quotes will hopefully show that SF does seem to do a lot of R&D on the HK platform.

Defense Review - SureFire FA556-212, Mini, and Micro Rifle/Carbine/SBR Sound Suppressors/Silencers for Military SpecOps Missions

The FA556-212 is 6 inches long, weighs 16 ounces, and has a diameter of 1.5 inches. Itís essentially a renamed FA556K thatís been slightly updated and upgraded. The 212 was optimized around a 10.5″-barreled HK416. ďThat suppressor works on any 5.56, itís just simply thatís [HK416] the platform we developed it around, and that platform doesnít work well with just any suppressor,Ē says Barry Dueck, Director of SureFireís suppressor division.

FWIW, I am in no way shape or form connected to SureFire. Just was trying to fire out which suppressor to get because the BATF process requires you to (A) purchase the suppressor, (B) get the serial number from the suppressor dealer, (C) submit the serial number with the BATF application and then wait for 6 to 9 months....

If you have a few different brands of suppressors you are looking at, you should email their technical support teams. Less so the sales team because they are incentivized to sell you the suppressor and the flash hider.
    Hope this helps

Wow thanks! I stopped at Bud'd today and talked with Paul their Class III guy. He wasn't as familiar with the Hk suppression as I had hoped. But on the bright side they had A LOT of Surefire to choose from. They didn't have the "MR762" stamped one as frogman had mentioned in the other thread but I do believe they had the ones mentioned by Drooler in the above post. The price seemed to be around $1200-1300. I will do some more research from your links drooler. Hopefully in or around 6 months from now I can give you guys a range(backyard) report.

Almost hate to bring it up but I did get to shoot a HK 762 suppressed about 2 weeks ago. It belonged to a professional contact who had it suppressed with a AAC 762, I thought. I only played with it for a little while, he was demoing my 416. If I thought it was a big deal I would have paid more attention and asked him some questions but in the very short time I was had it I did not experience any problems and he certainly did not mention any. Tried to get a hold of him when I saw the thread but he is out of town on business. Silly me, I did not even ask him about the threading of the adapter. When I get a hold of him I will ask more details if the board wishes.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

There have been some issues with the MR308's here in Europe with certain suppressors, as the MR308 does not have the adjustable gasblock of the HK417.

So it is possible that there could be issues with the MR762 as well.

We have the HK417 with 12", 16" and 20" barrel lengths and it has been a good platform for suppressed use.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Just wanted to update this thread. I consulted with a local reputable dealer and they happen to have an MR762 on the wall that the gunsmith was able to remove the muzzle brake. He measured it and it is a 15x1 RH twist pattern. This is a huge let down for me due to the fact that AAC does not make an brake that is threaded to that pattern. I currently have the 762sdn-6. We discussed options of possible re-threading my barrel to more of a common pattern but the more I thought about it, the more hesitant I became. The surprise came when the club manager mentioned they are a high volume dealer for AAC and he is going to inquire with AAC's senior management if her can get a couple dozen muzzle brakes threaded in the 15x1 RH pattern to accommodate the requests from other owners. I'm keeping my fingers crossed here and will keep you guys updated.

Just wanted to update this thread. I consulted with a local reputable dealer and they happen to have an MR762 on the wall that the gunsmith was able to remove the muzzle brake. He measured it and it is a 15x1 RH twist pattern. This is a huge let down for me due to the fact that AAC does not make an brake that is threaded to that pattern. I currently have the 762sdn-6. We discussed options of possible re-threading my barrel to more of a common pattern but the more I thought about it, the more hesitant I became. The surprise came when the club manager mentioned they are a high volume dealer for AAC and he is going to inquire with AAC's senior management if her can get a couple dozen muzzle brakes threaded in the 15x1 RH pattern to accommodate the requests from other owners. I'm keeping my fingers crossed here and will keep you guys updated.
    Nice to know. Guess it will help when I finally get the factory brake OFF! I believe mine is welded on!

Unrepentant HKHolic

AAC does make a Blackout Flash Hider in 51T Ratchet Mount in M15x1 for the G36C and the HK417. I bought one and plan on installing it on my MR762 and use my 762-SDN-6 suppressor.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

The M15x1 RH thread has been used by a long time by HK, since the introduction of the G3.

All the rollerblocked rifles have been threaded with that thread and also the G36 series has the same thread.

So it should not be a new thread for suppressor manufacturers.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    AAC does make a Blackout Flash Hider in 51T Ratchet Mount in M15x1 for the G36C and the HK417. I bought one and plan on installing it on my MR762 and use my 762-SDN-6 suppressor.
    Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize their thread application varies between product line. I went to their website and sure enough, the Blackout Flash hider is available in M15x1. I was actually searching for a muzzle brake for the suppressor but at this point the flash hider will do. I ordered it today and hopefully I will be shooting my MR762 with my AAC 762SD-N-6 soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Links