HKPRO Forums banner

3-Lug mount for AAC Ti-Rant 9 news?

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  KOK 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard anything lately????

#3 ·
Late last year (December I think) I had ordered a Ti-rant because their sales people had told me the 3-lug was just months away and would be on the market before my stamp cleared. However, I saw online that AAC had been saying this for years, so I finally got to speak to one of AAC's engineers and he told me they hadn't even worked on it yet, that it was on their to do list, but they were spending all their time on their .300 whisper knock-off products (my wording -not his) and the three-lug could still be more than a year away. Considering their change in management and restructuring, I wonder if it will ever come out.

So I cancelled the order and bought a SWR Octane 9 HD, for which I ordered the 3-lug immediately so I wouldn't have to worry about them not being available in the future (like Gemtech's seemingly permanent out-of-stock for theirs -they told me they didn't have any planned run of theirs either). Now I think the Octane is a better fit for the MP5 anyway as I don't really like the aluminium baffles for FA in the Ti-rant.

#5 ·
I got an email from AAC today saying they will ship shortly. Just in time for the stamps i received today

#6 ·
I have the triad 3-lug mount on my EVO-9 and my experience is they start out really cool and easy to attach/use then get carbon build up in impossible to clean area. After a short while you have the internal piston getting gummed up/stuck and it doesn't operate the why it should. It would come off easily or attach like it should and at times locks on after being used and is a beotch to get off of the barrel to the point where I had some damage to the lugs.

Since then I went to a threaded barrel attachment and never looked back. In my book this is prime example of K.I.S.S. principle.

#7 ·
I have been having similar issue with my Octane 9, when using on MP5 3 lug. A carbon ring forms just ahead of the internal piston. If I shoot alot before removing can, it's very hard to get off. Once you do, the internal piston gets stuck in the forward (depressed) position. The only fix is to completely disassemble the 3 lug device and scrub off the carbon ring. I don't remember having this problem with my old Trident 9. I think the Octane internal piston needs to be longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.