HKPRO Forums banner

Is it possible to tell if a HK Factory G3 is pre or post samples by the markings.

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  straightgrain 
#1 ·
I have several HK G3 rifles . I know they are all "Restricted" but was wondering if one could be a pre sample as it is marked before the current HK address. I know the easy way is look at the paperwork but unfortunately ATF took all of the original paperwork. I do have a copy of the ATF printout. Pick 3 I am sure is a post sample I purchased some of the same group of G3 rifles from HK as did the owner of this gun in the same time frame. Pic 4 is the one I think may be pre sample. It is marked differently than any of the others. The last one is a upper receiver only from Class 3 supply I know they imported both post and pre but the date of purchase is the late 90s so I would guess post. I have found 2 guns in the group so far that were verbally stated by ATF to be restricted but in fact were fully transferable. Unfortunately, they were not HK. Thanks to all.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Well isn't that just a fine mess. The ATF is right up there with the other f****d up offices
Like the FRB, IRS - which by the way got hacked and they notified me by mail that someone
now has all of my info......including fingerprints!
But on the bright side the are giving me free identity protection for a year, yippy skippy

#8 ·
I put that up there with ATF unable to find the gun so the estate has to report them stolen, then discovers the guns in the safe (several) and you now have to get them to put the NFA items back on the registry. I speak only in a generic sense of course, not claiming any actual incident

#9 ·
Markings can point you in the right general direction but will not be definitive. The only thing that is definitive are the actual ATF documents. A machine gun can be made long before 1986... or even before 1964... But if it was not registered until, say, 1990, it's a postie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.