How to modify a full auto trigger group to fit on a semi only gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to modify a full auto trigger group to fit on a semi only gun?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not aware of that part being for sale anywhere. The MKE's sold in this country have the full auto sear still in them but it's been modified by having the trip lever ground down. The sear pin is in the original position too, not moved as is normally seen with other semi's. I don't know what MKE does to the trigger packs on the models they sell in Europe but you might contact them. Perhaps they will sell you one of the modified sears.
    With regards to the P7, there are two classes of people.

1. Those who know it to be the finest pistol ever produced.

2. Those who have yet to fire one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking it would be easier to drop in the FBI sear (if there is such a thing), but if not available, modifying the auto sear is the only other option.
    I don't see how the modification of the trip lever would help if the auto sear is still there.
    If you have a bolt carrier modified to semi auto only, I don't see how the trigger group would work with an unmodified auto sear?

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just obtain an FBI ambi pack and install it. It won't go to full auto and the full auto parts are not there.
    The first principle is that you do not fool yourself. And you are the easiest one to fool. --Richard Feynman

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleMan View Post
    I don't think you need to modify anything else than the sear if you don't relocate it as you do in USA.
    I have checked my modified SEF group and the only mod I see is the sear.
    So I guess it's all I need.

If anyone can point me to the part in question, that would be great.
    Thanks.
    You did not watch the video or you would know that without that interior pin in the right place
    one would be able to pull the trigger so far back as to remove it from the firing process.
    Watch the video.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First, you need a better fundamental understanding of how a trigger pack works. Your auto or burst pack already has the capability to shoot in semi, and it uses different parts to do so. Poke around online and find yourself an armorer's manual on the particular pack that you have and want to convert. Play with it in your hand. Set it to all of its settings and manipulate all of the parts as they would be manipulated in the gun. I converted a burst pack, and it looked like I emptied the guts out of a clock after I was done. If memory serves me right (it's been a few years), all I had to ADD was a spring, but I could have re-purposed an existing auto spring.

Now... I don't know what the laws are in France, but here in the States, we have to modify the trigger pack as such that it will never be able to accept any factory auto parts and function as more than 'one shot per trigger pull'. That means welding in pins, cutting a corner off of the box, and welding a "shelf" onto our receivers so as not to accept a push pin lower. Because if you already have the parts to make it auto, and there's nothing stopping you from sitting down at the kitchen table and putting them back in, you have "constructive intent." See where I'm going with this?

Simple oversights have the potential to make you a felon over here, so check your local laws to see what you're dealing with. If you've got the cash and don't want to spend days looking into this, just go buy a semi-only ambi pack. I'm not exaggerating when I say I probably spent at least 40 hours researching how to convert an burst pack to semi (though granted, it's a different beast, and I still wanted the selector to move into all positions, even though it would only function as semi.)
    "An armed society is a polite society."

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

^^^This.
    "Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 1968!"

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HKPRO: it is not easy to locate an FBI trigger group and I want the look of the burst trigger group.
    I have located a burst trigger group but it is stock and must be modified to be fitted on my gun.

HkCHUCK: yes I watched the video, but the modifications it described are not required where I live.
    I want to keep it simple as possible.

ta8218: No, a burst trigger group will not shoot in semi IF fitted in a gun with a modified bolt carrier.
    The reason why is: there is nothing anymore to push down the trip lever, so the hammer will stay engaged on the auto sear in full position.
    You have to change the sear or modify it.
    When I asked the question here, I was expecting someone who would give me a link to a semi only sear like I suppose it should be in a FBI trigger pack, but maybe such part doesn't exist.
    In this case all I have to do is to modify the auto sear so it won't catch anymore the hammer in full position.
    This is what was done on my SEF trigger group and this is perfectly legal here.
    We don't have to remove a corner of the box or modify the push pin in the receiver etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have received a strange PM suspecting me to try to do illegal stuff.
    Guys, do you really think I'm that dumb to ask illegal things on the net?
    Why would I want to modify a full auto trigger group into a semi auto one?
    (I would have understand you being suspicious if I have asked the opposite!)
    Be logical, and remember, not all countries need to apply your laws.
    Thank you.

Now, that being said: is there or not a specific semi auto sear (for the FBI trigger group) I could buy somewhere, or modifying the original auto sear is the only option?
    Thank you.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleMan View Post
    I have received a strange PM suspecting me to try to do illegal stuff.
    Guys, do you really think I'm that dumb to ask illegal things on the net?
    Why would I want to modify a full auto trigger group into a semi auto one?
    (I would have understand you being suspicious if I have asked the opposite!)
    Be logical, and remember, not all countries need to apply your laws.
    Thank you.

Now, that being said: is there or not a specific semi auto sear (for the FBI trigger group) I could buy somewhere, or modifying the original auto sear is the only option?
    Thank you.
    What you want to do we commonly do here - take F/A Navy group and legally adapt it for use in an HK-94 (shelf) style gun.

It is basically a 2-step process 1) Clip & pin the housing, 2) modify the trigger box to S/A, and clip it to fit the shelf.

Most people opt to just buy a Navy Group with all of this done from a typical place like HKparts, but it seems your options are limited in this respect.

While it is easy for me to explain to you what needs to be done, it is much harder to do so with the engineering precision you need to make the cuts and weld up the holes. I suggest looking to youtube for tutorials on this process.
    Last edited by Renegade; 05-19-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If my understanding is correct, this is a full-auto H&K trigger/Sear pack that sells for retarded amounts of money. Why not sell it, get the semi pack and throw a big ole party?
    There's no "TEAM" in F**K YOU.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links