+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full auto .22 conversion kit

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Default Full auto .22 conversion kit

Looking for some help. I have an HK43 in about 98% condition and recently purchased an HK93 .22 conversion kit in about 95% condition. The HK43 has a Fleming sear installed and runs 100% in semi and full in .223.

Heres what happens with the .22 kit installed.

I get some 5-10 round bursts and stops. I can shoot semi all day long with no jambs. With the full auto, seems the .22 bolt holds up in the rear but not truly locked to the rear but more like binds reward.

Lubrication, I have a can of Tri Flow, which I always heard its a great lube, maybe 20 years old.

Ammo, CCI mini mags, Winchester high velocity, both FMJ and both work 50% of the time. Oddly, Remington standard Target lead ammo seems to run the gun the best with 10 round bursts.

I use CCI mini mags in the M-16 and in the MP5 .22 conversion kits and run 100%.

All suggestions welcome.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Do you use a retimed hammer with your sear, or is it factory? Could the hammer be catching the bottom of the carrier?

You should probably PM Longduck as he owns/ uses one of these kits with his 33/93 host. If you do a search for his .22 kit/ range report post it may be helpful.

Good luck.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Direct link to HK33E .22LR conversion review: http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41944

My initial belief is that the sear trip lever in your lower is getting gritty and increasing the resistance that the .22LR bolt must overcome when it returns to battery, failing to trip the catch. What you're likely to find is that the internal .22LR bolt is probably just a hair out of battery, or may be pushed back into battery by the hammer, but that soaked up the hammer energy in closing the bolt - resulting in a light (if any) strike on the cartridge case.

I found that by removing the pack from the lower, spraying it out thoroughly to clean it, and then lightly oiling the sear trip lever and sear pivot pin aided significantly in reliability. Once the kit gets dirty it will tend to not chamber fully on the first round, along with hanging up occasionally during firing. HTH,
    Who else thinks the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is a convenience store?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

LongDuck

Thanks for the info, pm sent. Didn't think to apply lube to the trigger pack or trip.

+ Reply to Thread

Links