+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MP5 A3 stock buffer. How to fit.

Very Senior Member

Default MP5 A3 stock buffer. How to fit.

I have an A3 stock made in Germany 1978, the year that buffers were introduced. I originally fitted a Black Jack buffer, pending receipt of Hk version, which arrived today. I had to trim the Black Jack version as there was no way on earth that it was going to fit. I now find that same applies, I think, to Hk model.
    I am wondering if perhaps the pre buffer A3 stocks had a different size buffer hole which was made bigger, for some reason, to accomodate the, then in 1978, newly developed buffer???
    Alternatively, is there some technique which needs to be employed in installation (please note that I tried, with BJ buffer, CLP oil, warming in boiling water before resorting to the dremel!!).
    Hoping for some help.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by abogado; 10-31-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Talking

Has usado vaselina? El hueco debe ser virgen!

HKPRO PRIME MINISTER

Arrow MP5 A3 stock h buffer unit replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by abogado View Post
    I have an A3 stock made in Germany 1978, the year that buffers were introduced. I originally fitted a Black Jack buffer, pending receipt of Hk version, which arrived today. I had to trim the Black Jack version as there was no way on earth that it was going to fit. I now find that same applies, I think, to Hk model.
    I am wondering if perhaps the pre buffer A3 stocks had a different size buffer hole which was made bigger, for some reason, to accomodate the, then in 1978, newly developed buffer???
    Alternatively, is there some technique which needs to be employed in installation (please not that I tried with BJ buffer oil, warming in boiling water before resorting to the dremel!!).
    Hoping for some help.
    Thanks.
    The heating method in hot water or White lithuim greese method will work...

No tools required... You need to use a little elbow greese... Put some Spanish ump into it...
    When you're at war with the enemy...
    When lives are at stake...
    When only the best will do...
    You must leave nothing to chance...
    Heckler & Koch Gmbh...

Very Senior Member

Cool

Javier, gracias! Ja, ja, ja!
    Como he dicho, he usado aceite para meter buffer blackjack originalmente. Pense que el buffer aleman sera mas blando y mas facil a meter!! Pero no, es mas o menos igual. Vamos a ver!!! Un saludo.

Ryan, thanks. I'm sure I can force it in with some vaseline, as Javier says......but what about getting it out. The housing/hole on my, possibly pre 1978 non buffer HK stock, is SO much smaller than the widest part of buffer and I have been using, up to now, a seriously trimmed, on advice of Adam, blackjack buffer which was still very difficult to remove!
    By the way, I am english not Spanish so am not possessed of the ump to which you refer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks guys for the advice and laughs.
    Best.
    Keith.
    Last edited by abogado; 10-31-2008 at 07:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Links