+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PPSh-41 Drums to work in mp5/94's

Default PPSh-41 Drums to work in mp5/94's

Does anyone know what it takes to convert this type drum, to function in a mp5/94? I know that C&S Metall Werkes did this conversion in the past, but no longer do them at this time. This was confirmed over the phone.

I am just not that fond of the Bata-C mag for the mp5/94 it's just seams to be out of balance/weight for me.

HKPRO PRIME MINISTER

Arrow MP5 / HK-94 Ammo drum...

You need a "MIG" or "TIG" welder in order to mount the MP5/HK94 upper feed neck to the drum body...

You will need an MP5 mag cut 4 inches from the top...

You will need to make 6 dummy 9mm blank feed rounds that will assist the live ammo feed...

You will need to make a replacement feed arm to feed 9mm ammo thru the drum...

You will need to make a new drum mag round feeder that will fit thru out the drum...

Alot of hard work involved but it can be done successfully with the right tools...
    When you're at war with the enemy...
    When lives are at stake...
    When only the best will do...
    You must leave nothing to chance...
    Heckler & Koch Gmbh...

I don't want to be a smart-Ass but I know that the length that you stated is incorrect for the hk mag length to be cut at. It looks to be cut just below the bottom of the raised bumps on back of mag. I guess my question should have stated the internal workings of the drum, so please don't take offense to my reply. maybe there is some class ll's out there that has attempted this project,that can shed some light? I am going to purchase a PPSh-41 drum and experiment with it myself maybe I'll have some luck?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

This should get you started, I'm not measuring anything, though!

Here is more detail:
    Last edited by vicdoc; 11-05-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added comment and more detail

Man thanks for posting the picks, nothing like looking at the real thing! I had no idea that it was a single stack feed, looks like a lot of tight welding for the divider in the hk mag. I'll just have to wait till I get a factory drum to see what needs to be added/modified.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Some folks just drill holes to make it easier to do the welding. Single stack is the only way to go with these. The dummy rounds are held by a U shaped loop of stranded wire which starts on the real follower (you can see one of the ends, barely), goes up and around the last tube (inside) and then back. The ends have been capped somehow to prevent undoing the string.
    The white teflon strip is important to keep the rounds from zig-zagging inside the drum, and the cover has that thick spacer so the rounds don't get out of alignment. I saw one recently on one of the auction sites for $200. Original price was $500 about 10 years ago. Good luck!
    Last edited by vicdoc; 11-01-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Unrepentant HKHolic

First off, do NOT use a PPsH drum for your conversion. It DOES work, but you need to add a spacer plate to the front cover because the PPsH drum is for the LONGER 7.62x25 Russian cartridge.

Buy a Suomi 9mm drum instead.

Thanks for the advise I was wondering what the difference was between the two, from what I have seen on the net these drums have been used on other conversions other than the mp5/94's. I have found some suomi-31 going for 25.00 on the TGI on line store,they state that they are in great shape.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Mind View Post
    First off, do NOT use a PPsH drum for your conversion. It DOES work, but you need to add a spacer plate to the front cover because the PPsH drum is for the LONGER 7.62x25 Russian cartridge.

Buy a Suomi 9mm drum instead.
    You are correct.
    Bought an original c&s metall werkes one from RYANHK21EOWNER.

HKPRO PRIME MINISTER

Thumbs up

As I stated before purenrg,

You will need to cut a mag 4 inches from the top so you have room to play with...

If you cut it to short and screw up you just ate a $ 50 magazine...

I agree the sumoi drums work much better for the conversion process... I've never attempted to make a drum like this but did view the possibilities up close...

My measurements aren't off at all... Once you start the process of how C&S Metal Works did there drums you will thank me later for offering the 4 inch cut suggestion... You'll have more metal to play with and it will weld nicely around the tabs...

COPE's distributors has the suomi drums on sale for around $ 30 - $ 25 a drum depending upon quantity...

Good luck with your project...
    Last edited by RyanH&K21EOwner; 11-02-2008 at 10:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links