+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 416 vs 556A1 vs SL8 vs G36

Default 416 vs 556A1 vs SL8 vs G36

This is my first post and I hope not a dumb one. I own a few H&K's and love them all. My favorite is my UMP .45 that I bought from Homeland Defense in TN.

No I'm not some expert that sits around and reads all he can on the guns he owns (don't have the time). Last night I was talking with a guy that just bought the 416 in .22. I asked what was the big deal and why do I see 416 uppers for over $3000 blah blah.

So here is the question.

If I own a 556,SL8 and G36 why would I want one of these over priced (to me) 416's ? Is there a difference in the 416 and 556 that I'm missing ?

A little about me. I live in Central Arkansas I'm in my late 30's and love to buy and sell guns (mostly buy my wife says). I have two boys 7 & 10 and they have been shooting with me since they were both 4. I do not play call of duty or get my information from there. I did not serve in the military but wanted to and tried. In some stupid screening deal I could not pass (bad knees). I own .22,.223,.458SOCOM,.338RUM and .50bmg and Rugers to LWRC's one of my favorite shooters at the range is a SIG556 (yeah I know but for some reason I like it). I'm not storing up MRE's for the end of the world and building a bunker. I do not think Obama is the anti christ (he is just a bad president with a country with real bad problems). I do not have a tin foil hat but dang I think my wife has one (she is getting more crazy as the days go on).

Oh and I love the site :)

HKPRO Professional

You left out your feelings on stockpiling ammo for the impending Zombie Apocalypse. I have the MR556 and I've entertained getting one of the 416 uppers, but just can't justify the price right now. I think the biggest thing with the price is that it's what the market will bear. Welcome to the forum, lots of knowledge here!

Desperately Needs Treatment

To try to take a stab at answering your question,... to start off with when you state "Why would I wants to buy a 416" you would have to be class III dealer or SOT to buy the whole gun as it is considered a machine gun. If you are referring to the 416 upper only, this is the only way that an average person could obtain other barrel length options like 10" or 14.5". Also there is a "Cool Value" to the HK416 but I personally don't suscribe to that philosophy.
    I have not been watching very closely but I don't seem to see as many 416 uppers for sale now that the MR556 is out. I am sure that the MR556 has taken a lot of the gouging out of the 416 upper market.
    The HK Family: HK51, HK53 and MP5(Dad, Mom and Jr.)

Unrepentant HKHolic

Quote Originally Posted by cmepasu View Post
    You left out your feelings on stockpiling ammo for the impending Zombie Apocalypse.
    Don't laugh. It's coming. That or Russians or robots. Ever seen terminator? It'll be that or Zombieland.
    Ready to get my G36E and MP5SD built.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Thanks all and yeah forgot about the dang zombies :D

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Everyone says the 416 and g36 are the same system... while similar the 416 does have a buffer tube which the g36 does not. How that changes the handling... I do not know.

Unrepentant HKHolic

The 416 and subsequent Mr556 seem like ridiculously overpriced ar15's. I'd love to have one but 2500 for an m4 is a bit stupid. They do look cool though.

not to hijack this thread,i'm waiting for the 762's,the .223 is not my favorite platform. I have a few sl-8's coverted to g-36's and I love them.There's a highpriced ar for ya!

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by fordemti View Post
    Don't laugh. It's coming. That or Russians or robots. Ever seen terminator? It'll be that or Zombieland.
    I'm more concerned about a coalition of Chinese and North Korean than Russians. The Chinese would be coming to repossess the country after the morons in Congress default on the national debt.

Default Old Chinese Saying....

There is an old Chinese saying...."loan a man a dollar and he owes you. Loan that man a couple Trillion dollars and he owns you". I don't think China could afford to let the U.S. fail....we just owe them too much money. (They will however, steal our technology left and right to catch up from their current 1950/60s technology to meet or exceed todays tech.)

ikeman96

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads