+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding red dot scope to my umarex mp5 SD 22

Default Adding red dot scope to my umarex mp5 SD 22

I'm new to scopes/red dots, so bare with me. I bought this mp5 rail mount, it says airsoft only but hopefully 22LR is fine. So then I went with the Bushnell Trophy TRS25... it seems to be popular and affordable red dot scope. Anyways, my problem is this... I think either the rail mount is isn't "low" enough or the scope is not low enough, because I can't see through the rear sight and be able to see through the scope too. I have to adjust the red dot really low which makes the inner lens part inside the scope move way high (and looks weird) to be able to see the red dot aligned with the front sight. I feel like I'm missing something here. I shouldn't have to adjust the height of the red dot so much I wouldn't think. My only guess is the rail mount is too high to be able to have true co-witness... but even then, if I don't use the rear sight how can I get it to work with just the scope and front sight? I would of preferred true co-witness but I'd probably have to get another rail mount that is lower. Thanks for the help!

PROFESSIONAL WEB SURFER

I think it was suggested in the other thread to buy the Classic Army rail. I have the CA rail + Primary Arms Micro Dot and it co-witnesses perfectly with the iron sights.
    When you zero the sight, you line up the rear with the front sight, through the red dot. If the tip of the front sight hits where you aim it, then I would adjust the height of the red dot to float right at the tip of the front sight.
    HK: Yeah, I've got that!

Banned

i don't think red dots on mp5 work that way. Correct me if i'm wrong but you have to adjust the red dot to be on target and just place the dot on a target and shoot. you don't have to line up the red dot with the iron sights. I had a mp5sd 22 cal and the mp5 40cal with 2 different red dots and both work the same way.

im on the side with skittle, my gsg mp5 clone worked in the way that you zeroed your red dot on target, NOT in line with the sights, i had mine zeroed at 75 yards and it was considerably higher than the iron sights, hope that may help ya :)
    don't let someone else dictate your right to breathing, living, and being free....

TooSixy: I am sorry that I didn't just do what you suggested but the only reason I didn't get the CA rail is because you said it was longer, and I was bothered by that for some reason. I thought this one I bought on ebay would be low enough for true co-witness. By looking at the photos above, can you tell that it's higher than the CA rail?

I'll be honest, I'm still confused... I need to re-read what you guys wrote and try to grasp it.

Banned

that red dot you got is a good one. just figure out what distance you was to set it for, then go through the steps of sighting it in. easiest way is to place the rifle on a mount or sand bag and without moving the rifl place a couple rounds on the target, then set the sight's red dot on the spot your hitting or in the grouping. hen you'll be ready to go. 25yards seems like a good set point. just place the dot under or over the target for different distances greater or less then 25 yards from there.

skittle is right, aim with your dot, at the center of the bulls eye, record how far off your bullet landed, and adjust left-right, up-down, accordingly...there should be a flat head screw adjustment for up down, left right, i also own one of those red dots, and dig it for the application its for..

so i went ahead and bought the classic army rail to see it it was lower, and it was identical to which i already bought on ebay.... i am good at wasting money!
    it must be this red dot scope, you can't do true co-witness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

OP: you can achieve a true co witness with your iron sights if you can find a B&T low profile mount. I have it on my CA89-SD with Aimpoint Red Dot. FYI: DS Arms has them on back order.

I recently added a UTG red dot scope with a low profile mount from Airsoft Atlanta and I cannot co witness my sights either. I believe the scope is too high.

Last edited by FoosballTony; 08-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links