+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK 91 Heavy bipod

Default HK 91 Heavy bipod

Hello.......I recently purchased a heavy bipod (folds up towards the muzzle)and slim fore end for my 91. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to mount the bipod. Perhaps I am missing a piece.
    The bipod came in two pieces, the bipod itself and another piece that fits inside of it and allows the legs to pivot. This smaller piece also has two latches that fold in and out apparently to secure the bipod to the rifle. I would greatly appreciate any advice that might be offered.
    Thank you for you for your time, Randy

wh
    Unrepentant HKHolic

Default Re: HK 91 Heavy bipod

Remove your forearm. Insert the smaller part into the part with the legs. Put a bunch of oil on the inside of the smaller piece, this will
    keep the scratching of your receiver to a minimum.
    Slide the unit from front to back onto the front end of your receiver. The 2 pivoting arms will fold down into the grooves in the side of your receiver. Now attach the SLIMLINE forearm on to your rifle.

Thanks for the help, now i have to decide whether or not to risk maring the finish. Randy

Unrepentant HKHolic

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bulletsfirst:
    Thanks for the help, now i have to decide whether or not to risk maring the finish. Randy<hr></blockquote>

The heavy bipod is an excellent foundation to shoot from and well worth installing ...lube it well and install it with a rubber hammer , if needed,by tapping uniformly around the collar as it slides on.It will not scuff the finish.Depending on the slim foresrm you may need to file a small amount of the forearm away to get it to fit , but not always only a few I have done needed it.

r

does anybody know where a pic is of 91 with the heavy bipod attached?

Unrepentant HKHolic

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by r:
    does anybody know where a pic is of 91 with the heavy bipod attached?<hr></blockquote>

I dug a couple out and e-mailed them to you . [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ September 13, 2002: Message edited by: corporal jj ]</p>

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Buddy Hinton over at www.sturmgewehr.com has a few in his image collection. Just click on the link that says, "...and a link to my HK image collection."

Put the heavy bipod on and you will love it!

The heavy bipod makes more more sense than the light bipod in terms of meaner look, better functionality, and stronger structure.

Only drawback is just as the name implies: HEAVY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Unrepentant HKHolic

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HK Tony:
    Put the heavy bipod on and you will love it!

Only drawback is just as the name implies: HEAVY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

need to add expensive as a drawback... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links