HKPRO Forums banner

Hello from Seattle

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  imacad 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.

I am new to the forum and HK. I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself a bit.

I have been fascinated with firearms and military machineries since I was a kid. With my dad being an avid hunter and a competitive skeet shooter, I think a lot of his interest rubbed off on me. (Also with cars and motorcycles). Until my 30s, I started acquiring firearms (mostly pistols) mainly for self-defense and recreational shooting at the range. Recently, I have also started IDPA shooting. In my first time out, I barely missed out on being classified as a SharpShooter with my stock CZ75B.

In the past several years, I have acquired a small collection of CZs, SIGs, a 1911, and a few others older pistols that I thought had some historical significance. All of which are metal framed pistols with either DA/SA or SAO trigger. They feel the most natural to shoot and most comfortable for me.

As for why I joined this forum, I want to learn more about HK products before I venture into it. A lot of my childhood fascination was associated with the HK MP5 and UMP. I know I will never be able to afford one but at least I should be able to find a quality replica. I will be reading a lot of threads and ask questions occasionally.

Cheers,

Tony

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, Tony! You came to the right place to learn more about the world of HKs. We all have dream guns that we either can't afford or legally own. Fortunately, there are a ton of others that we can enjoy. Hopefully you will find HKs in your budget, and to your liking.

Mark

#17 · (Edited)
Thanks to the individuals here and this site collectively, as well as a number of builders I spoke to over the phone, I have finally made a decision to purchase a MP5 clone. I chose the Atlantic Firearms' HK 94 Pistol that I will attach a A3 stock to it (after the tax stamp, of course). I believe it's a high quality copy with a very reasonable price point - a balance I am very comfortable with. I think it will serve me well for years to come.

Cheers!

#18 ·
Hi there, OP. I'm living just north of Seattle at the moment. Glad to see that HK is well-represented in Western Washington! I wish the firearm community as a whole was a bit stronger here...the past few gun shops I've visited have left a lot to be desired. $100 per handgun for an FFL transfer and $50 for a 50-round box of .45 target ammo. Ouch.

Anyway, happy shooting!

#20 ·
Welcome to the forum man, great resource of information and helpful enthusiasts here. If you like metal framed guns more then polymer, check out the P7 series HK makes. One of my favorite and it was my second purchase after a USP 45 Tactical...slippery slope when buying HKs though

What kind of info you looking for regarding a future HK purchase?

Best,
Iflylo

#21 ·
Welcome to your new addiction.

Hail from Sammamish, WA. Iflylo and I are going to meet for a shoot at West Coast Armory in Bellevue next month. Welcome to join.
I'll be bringing a my HKs and a SCAR17 to shoot...

#29 ·
Alright...
I do have a LE Bay booking on 4/20.. unfortunately it is Easter Sunday.
For those who are interested, PM me for details.
I will close it down the week before if there is no interest and use the opportunity to train my wife on some tactical drills.

#31 ·
I big thanks to imacad for setting up the meet up today.

It was a lot of fun shooting in the LE bay with HKPRO members imacad and iflylo

Here is my SK compared to imacad's MARK 23. My SK is downright cute in comparison

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.