HKPRO Forums banner

New Guy in Florida

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SnidelyWhiplash 
#1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Alex, long time competitive shooter on the civilian side and on the AF team when I was enlisted.

Currently in Tampa Florida. Looking for the rite priced USC to do the UMP conversion (already have some of the parts), and hoping to find a good deal some day on a P7, which I've wanted for years.

I'll be lurking around the sight looking for USC's/conversion parts.

Last week while in Virginia I got a to check at the Gray Room at HK, I may post pictures up if people are interested. But there are other pictures of it online.

#4 ·
Ive handled both UMP's and USC's but have yet to shoot either... A friend of mine who has some particularly cool HK's enabled me slight desire to acquire or convert a USC. hopefully i'll like it. Worst case scenario they just look too cool when SBR'd

I would like to think down the road I'll do a 40 or 9mm conversion but the cost of doing such gives me doubts.

#7 ·
There is a VERY nice indoor range called Shooters World near me. But i haven't shot much since i moved here to tampa/ starting school and such. There is also a long range rifle range about an hour away south of tampa but have yet to get out there either

#9 ·
Man that's too cool. Welcome and good luck on the conversion. I have done it before, but ended up selling the USC converted to finish another project, which is now complete. I may need to get myself another USC and get it done. Please post those pics when you get time, I hope I can one day make the tour here in the next couple years myself.

#15 ·
Howdy fellow new guy. It is ALWAYS cool to have a friend with connections. As a high school kid, mu best buddy's father was a bigshot with the largest record distribution company in the country. Every concert that came to town...free tickets. Backstage passes? Just ask.

The coolest thing ever? Getting to party with Led Zeppelin at the Gordon McLendon ranch in Lake Dallas, Texas. Mr. McLendon was a pirate radio pioneer who is credited with perfecting Top 40 radio. He died in the mid 80s and was one of the wealthiest guys in the country. My bud and I could not get near Zep as radio station guys kept doing their "live" shows from the party.

My Srill Sergeant was freaking out when, as a trainee, I got a letter from U.S. House Majority Leader, Jim Wright (RIP). He freaked out more when I told him Congressman Wright was a friend I've known since the 4th grade.

I guess Yale University's Skull and Bones organization is likely the most powerful group of folks in the country. I really pays to know the right people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.