New Member and Question About VP9
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Member and Question About VP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Member and Question About VP9

Hello! I am from South Carolina and just joined the forum today. I am planning on buying a VP9 here in the next couple days and I am debating between the black model or the grey model. Both would be the standard model, not the LE model. I understand the grey is mixed in with the polymer as opposed to being ceracoated. However, I am wondering what differences if any there are between the two. This will be my first firearm purchase and I just want to make sure I have all the facts before purchasing. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to all of your responses and help.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

No difference between the two other than color. BTW you are correct the color is in the polymer and not coated so if the weapon is scratched, bruised etc you will still see grey. Grey is probably a limited run like most color frames so if you can get grey now then do it because they might not be readily available in the future and youll have to pay more. Where as standard black frames are available

Welcome to the site

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You'll be fine with either, welcome aboard!
    Bobby D
    NRA Endowment
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    EMT-B
    KB9RDL

"In einer Welt aus Kompromissen, einige Männer machen keine".

"We bleed hk red!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same polymer is used. Buy the one that is least expensive. If there is a price difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like @sean415 said, the coloured frames are most likely a limited run. Definitely consider the LE model. Unless you plan on going with different sights than mepros, it's a great value with 3 mags and tritium sights that have a charging ledge. (I read somewhere the latest models have tfx pro's.)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum! I got the black VP9 when there were no other choices, but I love it just the same :)
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sean415 View Post
    No difference between the two other than color. BTW you are correct the color is in the polymer and not coated so if the weapon is scratched, bruised etc you will still see grey. Grey is probably a limited run like most color frames so if you can get grey now then do it because they might not be readily available in the future and youll have to pay more. Where as standard black frames are available

Welcome to the site
    Thanks for the reply, info, and welcome. I ended up going with the grey standard model.

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony
    Thanks for the welcome! I ended up going with the grey standard model.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    You'll be fine with either, welcome aboard!
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacker79 View Post
    Same polymer is used. Buy the one that is least expensive. If there is a price difference.
    Thanks there was no price difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by bayernbrett View Post
    Like @sean415 said, the coloured frames are most likely a limited run. Definitely consider the LE model. Unless you plan on going with different sights than mepros, it's a great value with 3 mags and tritium sights that have a charging ledge. (I read somewhere the latest models have tfx pro's.)
    Thanks and yeah I did consider going with the LE model but I remember reading some negative feedback about the mepros and I figured I could just as easily upgrade the sights later. I ended up getting the grey standard model this morning and am happy with my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I got the black VP9 when there were no other choices, but I love it just the same :)
    Thanks for the welcome! I figure I would be happy with either as well since they should function the same. Ended up going with the grey standard model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another question, is there any type of recommended ammo to use? I think I remember reading something about using a certain ammo in the beginning? Thanks for reading and I look forward to a reply!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I use 124 gr FMJ for my MP5, same for the VP9. Others may differ, and that is fine, I have good luck with the CCI blazer brass. I like the Freedom Munitions 124, it just takes so long to get it after I order it, sometimes upwards of a month, which, I don't understand, but whatever.

I get the Blazer 124 gr 9mm from Natchez Shooters Supply www.natchezss.com frequently I order it on Monday and have it on the porch by Wednesday of the same week.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links