Old reader, new poster. Utah

Thread: Old reader, new poster. Utah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Old reader, new poster. Utah

I've been interested in HK firearms since the 90s. In fact, it was probably playing Rainbow Six games that nudged me toward investigating real firearms as I entered adulthood, which in turn lead to a fine competition run, meeting (and occasionally beating ) some of the high-speed people my physical ailments kept me from working with, and a lifelong hobby.

Getting my hands on a semi-auto copy of an MP5 or G-3 with all the features of the military firearms seemed like a real chore until recently. Seeing the factory-made MP5 clones with paddle mag releases got me excited, but facing frequent moves for the next few years and not wanting either a long 16" barrel or a stockless pistol configuration continued to keep me away. The latest ATF re-ruling on braces has finally pushed me over the edge by providing a way to enjoy some of the look and feel (cheeking), until things settle down and I can SBR one. I've been saving my pennies and giving the Zenith pistols a serious look. The PTR91s also look tempting.

See you guys around the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dayum dude, you are a stealthy old-timer! Good to see you posting! Roller-lock on!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Welcome back--- smaller caliber = less recoil--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome from KY and I am right there with you on the MP5, and ATF new ruling on SB tactical brace...

https://zenithfirearms.com/product/m...rs-sb-classic/
    Is the look I would like, legally without a stamp lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    I've been interested in HK firearms since the 90s. In fact, it was probably playing Rainbow Six games that nudged me toward investigating real firearms as I entered adulthood, which in turn lead to a fine competition run, meeting (and occasionally beating ) some of the high-speed people my physical ailments kept me from working with, and a lifelong hobby.

Getting my hands on a semi-auto copy of an MP5 or G-3 with all the features of the military firearms seemed like a real chore until recently. Seeing the factory-made MP5 clones with paddle mag releases got me excited, but facing frequent moves for the next few years and not wanting either a long 16" barrel or a stockless pistol configuration continued to keep me away. The latest ATF re-ruling on braces has finally pushed me over the edge by providing a way to enjoy some of the look and feel (cheeking), until things settle down and I can SBR one. I've been saving my pennies and giving the Zenith pistols a serious look. The PTR91s also look tempting.

See you guys around the forum.
    Welcome.......Same thing happened to me. I spend 7 years playing the old Ghost Recon in a clan. I traded the playing games on the PC to the real world of guns. You are going down a really expensive and addictive road, lol Old reader, new poster. Utah-new-ar-15-.jpg Old reader, new poster. Utah-100-yards-1.jpg .Old reader, new poster. Utah-dsc_0149.jpg
    Last edited by Boricua; 05-21-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, well, well, look at Boricua roll! Well played sir, well played!

Aries, welcome back. I've been a SAR 3/8 G3 owner for 25 years, signed up here ten years ago under a different name, then left and forgot about the forum until recently. Glad you remembered your sign-in name, too. I think my original was something like DBCooper, or maybe alienbaby; it was long ago. You're right, the new roller-locks are cool as heck!

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Welcome from the Commonwealth of Virginia!

Sponsored Links