+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HK91 Barrel Markings

Default HK91 Barrel Markings

Hi everyone. As a long time fan and owner of HKs, I'm just now getting into the weeds with the many details about our fine weapons thanks in large part to this forum.

So, I was wondering if there are any resources out there for barrel markings; what should be there, what should not be there, etc. I'm pretty darn sure my barrel is original as I've had the weapon a LONG time, but I did not buy it new.

Thanks in advance for the FNG help :)

edit: I forgot to mention, my rifle is an IB (1981) date code.
    Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society.
    Benjamin Franklin

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

If it's a real HK receiver, there's a 99.9% chance it's a real HK barrel. Barrel replacement on an HK is an extremely time-consuming ordeal (i.e. expensive), and the barrel itself probably costs less than the labor to replace it.

Anywyas, from the HKPro home page, world of hk, here's info on the symbols on HKs:

http://www.hkpro.com/symbols.htm

You may also see a tiny sort of circular or diamond shaped stamp, it's the Nitro Eagle. Many times there is a "js" on the base of the barrel as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    If it's a real HK receiver, there's a 99.9% chance it's a real HK barrel. Barrel replacement on an HK is an extremely time-consuming ordeal (i.e. expensive), and the barrel itself probably costs less than the labor to replace it.

Anywyas, from the HKPro home page, world of hk, here's info on the symbols on HKs:

http://www.hkpro.com/symbols.htm

You may also see a tiny sort of circular or diamond shaped stamp, it's the Nitro Eagle. Many times there is a "js" on the base of the barrel as well.
    Thanks for the link AV...
    There is no doubt it is a real HK, I was just wondering if the barrel had been changed before I got it, and how to decipher the markings.
    Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread

Ads