+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about purchasing a gun

Default Question about purchasing a gun

My mom wants to buy me a P2000 since I am deployed and Obama was elected. I read that H&K offers lifetime warranties with the original. If she buys it for me and I register it who is the original owner. I am not overly concerned with it because I hear these things are indestructable, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks,
    Dave

Buying a gun for someone else is not legal. Be careful.

~David
    Profanity -- the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Buying a gun for someone else is not legal. Be careful.

~David
    Purchasing and giving a gun as a gift to a family member is perfectly legal (provided the recipient is not otherwise prohibited).

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by xm777 View Post
    Purchasing and giving a gun as a gift to a family member is perfectly legal (provided the recipient is not otherwise prohibited).
    +1

You CAN NOT buy firearms for someone or sell it to whom has felony criminal records.

The parent(s) can leagelly purchase firearm(s) and give it as gift to their children. Of course, a proven document is always good to have.

HOWEVER, if your mom is out of state and wanting to give the firearm(s) to you, she will have to ship the firearm(s) to your local FFL. You take ID and go to FFL picking it up. Interstate firearm(s) tranferring has be done by FFLs.

And remember, only FFL to FFL can ship firearm(s) via US Postal Office.

Hope this helps you. Welcome to HK Family.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by dks0111 View Post
    My mom wants to buy me a P2000 since I am deployed and Obama was elected. I read that H&K offers lifetime warranties with the original. If she buys it for me and I register it who is the original owner. I am not overly concerned with it because I hear these things are indestructable, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks,
    Dave
    If you can legally buy it, then she can legally buy it and give it to you as a gift. Just remember that when she fills out the form she must say "yes" in the box that she is the actual buyer listed on the form or the form will be rejected.

Their warranty requires sending the warranty card and a copy of the sales receipt. I think if you fill out the card (or she does with your information) and sends in the receipt copy it will be fine. So while she will be the original purchaser as far as the ATF/FBI is concerned, you should be the original owner as far as HK's warranty is concerned.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well I was able to speak with her and she just put 100 down on the gun in my name. So the guy will hold it for me till I get back and I can pay for it. I'll let everyone know when I pick it up.

You mention being deployed. I presume this means you are serving in the US military. I want to say thank you for your service and stay safe!
    "Never trust a man with brown socks!"

Yes I am deployed. I volunteered to go (USCG only goes based on that). It's been a long year and I'll be glad to get back to the states and not worry about being in this place anymore. But, there is no need for thanks (but they are appreciatied). I just can't wait to get home in 29 days!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Links