HKPRO Forums banner

HK91 Refinishing

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AviatorDave 
#1 ·
Who would be a good person to refinish my HK91 that has claw and ejection marks on the receiver? I would like the job to look original. Is there a finish that doesn't get claw marks that looks original?

Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
Who would be a good person to refinish my HK91 that has claw and ejection marks on the receiver? I would like the job to look original. Is there a finish that doesn't get claw marks that looks original?

Thanks for any help.
I use cerakote, which is the most abrasive resistant coating I know of. It's a ceramic-backbone coating and goes on extremely thin and is really hard. But I think even it will suffer from claw marks. The claw tips have sharp corners, and they're held in place with quite a bit of pressure so they don't move around.

If you put the mount on carefully, the claw mount marks will be very limited - just one line on the underside of the bumps, and a few circles on the top of the receiver spine. Most of the really nasty claw marks are due to not being careful when installing and removing the mount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.