+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is everyone getting a hk416 or hk417?

EVS
    Very Senior Member

Default How is everyone getting a hk416 or hk417?

How is everyone getting a hk416 or hk417 when they aren't available for sale? Are you guys buying the uppers only and using another lower with H&K engraving?
    H&K G36C
    H&K UMP
    H&K P7
    H&K P7
    H&K P7 M8 1 of 500
    H&K P7 M8
    H&K P7 M13 Hard Chrome
    H&K P7 M13 Factory Nickel
    H&K P7 M10 Factory Nickel
    H&K 45
    H&K USP Compact
    H&K USP Tactical
    FN FS2000
    FN Five-Seven USG
    GSG MP5 Clone
    Benelli M1014
    Sig Sauer 226 Hard Chrome
    STI USPSA 1911

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

If you see a full Hk 416 upper and lower...then it is a post-dealer sample...but the majority of the 416's you see are just the upper put on a different lower.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

What's for sale on the civie market is uppers that have been separated from lowers. It is not that the uppers are "not for sale" -- it is that barrel can only be imported for LE/Mil use. The ones that are for sale have been imported and put to some LE/Mil purpose, and have then been retired from service. Once they have been lawfully imported they can be sold to civilians. My understanding is that there are a lot of LE departments that buy 416s and then decide they really don't like them that much...or something like that...
    "The Congress shall have Power...To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia."

EVS
    Very Senior Member

I was looking at the HK416 picture thread above and it seems like they have the authentic stuff with the upper and lower with it being marked by H&K. I wasn't sure if it was just done aftermarket. Where could I find a HK416 or HK417 from the LE's that don't want them? Thanks!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by EVS View Post
    I was looking at the HK416 picture thread above and it seems like they have the authentic stuff with the upper and lower with it being marked by H&K. I wasn't sure if it was just done aftermarket. Where could I find a HK416 or HK417 from the LE's that don't want them? Thanks!
    Some of the ones in that thread are authentic HK416s, owned by dealers. Some are HK416 uppers on POF or Spike's Tactical or some of the other companies that make lowers with pictogram markings. Some of the non-HK lowers have been engraved with the HK lettering fonts.

To get a 416 or 417, you'll first need an FFL, and next you'll need a "love letter" from a PD or gov. agency requesting a demo of one of them. Nothin' to it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Merchant of Death (Admin)

There's a little more to it than that theses days, at least with HK.
    1. Precisely worded love letter from department or agency.
    2. Precisely worded request from purchaser (FFL/SOT).
    3. Precisely worded purchase order from purchaser specifying HK item number and referencing love letter.
    4. Up front payment in full.
    5. End User Certificate to comply with German regulations.
    6. Patience. This process is going to take anywhere from 3 to 12 months.
    But other than that, it's a walk in the park. Here's a video (again) of Kat shooting my HK416D with QD suppressor in super slow motion. It's a 14.5" barrel version. BTW, Kat is a MMA champion fighter with pretty good gun skills to boot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YqaN3n1IU
    "Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 1968!"

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Posting Rules.

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join NFATCA.

Chazzar

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    3. Precisely worded purchase order from purchaser specifying HK item number and referencing love letter.
    But other than that, it's a walk in the park. Here's a video (again) of Kat shooting my HK416D with QD suppressor in super slow motion. It's a 14.5" barrel version. BTW, Kat is a MMA champion fighter with pretty good gun skills to boot!
    could you guys elaborate, in laymans terms, the letter from agency , the request from the purchaser,& the end user certificate to comply with german regulations?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by EVS View Post
    Where could I find a HK416 or HK417 from the LE's that don't want them? Thanks!
    Maybe this isn't clear...unless you are a licensed dealer with an SOT (occupational stamp for MGs etc.) AND you have a letter from a law enforcement agency stating that they are considering a purchase and want to see a sample of a specific firearm, you cannot own a HK416 or HK417. (Or unless you are LEO in course of duties, obviously.)

What you CAN get is the upper of a HK416 -- and for that matter the other parts except the lower receiver -- and you can attach that to an AR15 or M16 receiver. You can "dress up" your assembled gun to look as much like a complete HK416 as possible.

Now the problem is that the uppers cannot be imported except in the confines stated above -- so this means there are a limited number of lawfully imported uppers that have been "retired" -- with the predictable result that prices are very high. Where you would find these -- ads here, on Sturm, or listings on GB, among other places.

Unless you are really attached to having an "HK" you might consider one of the other piston-fired AR uppers -- LMT, POF, etc. Coharie has a 416 clone coming out. HK has promised an HK416 variant (not compatible with AR15/M16 lowers) but it is still some months away.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Lol. My "nothin' to it" was intended to be dripping with sarcasm. I left out a lot of the details for the sake of brevity. Also important is to befriend somebody at a local PD with the authority to give you the love letters.

Sweet video though. That's got to be the quietest suppressor I've ever (not) heard. It really is hollywood quiet. :) I think I may have to get one of those if the ATF ever calls me back.
    Last edited by AviatorDave; 06-23-2009 at 06:22 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

My question is when can I get one and for how much. Or will they never be available?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trying to catch up to TooSixy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links