+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK MR 223 pictures

Cool HK MR 223 pictures

Last edited by h&K53; 12-15-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    HK53 preban
    mr223 serial under #400

You like Magpul?

:D
    Note: Incoming fire always has the right of way

Jup like it
    Because it is durable and the stuff they make works for me
    Pimp my gun ;)

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Don't use HK snaphooks on those Magpul RSA sling connector points. Snap-hooks are designed to be used in small eyelets. Using them in a large eyelet like that can cause a disconnect. You may drop your rifle and cause a negligent discharge. Get a proper HK sling mount (small eyelet, many people make them).

This video may help:

-W

Thanxx for the tip
    Got one Hk small one here going to swap them

now im running with a ITW sling hook
    turns better than the HK hook

Quote Originally Posted by starsnuffer View Post
    Don't use HK snaphooks on those Magpul RSA sling connector points. Snap-hooks are designed to be used in small eyelets. Using them in a large eyelet like that can cause a disconnect. You may drop your rifle and cause a negligent discharge. Get a proper HK sling mount (small eyelet, many people make them).

This video may help:

-W
    Hearing stuff like this makes me cringe. Dropping most modern style weapons (AR's especially, and DEFINITELY MR556's) will not cause a ND. In my dumb private days back in the Army we actually tried to slam fire our weapons via slamming them on the ground. It was a rumor going around in the unit and we grabbed a few older (much less safe) Colt M16's and beat the **** out of them fully loaded trying to get them to fire. They wont...even if you throw it directly on concrete. The MR556 is even more safe than those old 1970's M16's we beat up. The firing pin safety and spring are an (un-necessarily) added safety measure to stop just this.

There's even a video on YouTube somewhere of a guy trying to get both a Glock 17 and Sig 226 to slam fire. He went as far as dropping them from an airplane onto asphalt. Had to dig them out of the asphalt, but they never fired.

Now...don't go trying this with a 1911 with the safety disengaged... Or worse yet a loaded flint lock...

This used to have credence, but with modern firearms dropping one will not cause it to fire (unless you purposefully remove built in safety devices)...

Found a Pic of a Glock 21 dropped out of a plane fully loaded (didn't go off), Still looking for the Sig 226/asphalt thing:

Very Senior Member

The moment you lose respect, it kills you.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Quote Originally Posted by dyezak View Post
    Hearing stuff like this makes me cringe. Dropping most modern style weapons (AR's especially, and DEFINITELY MR556's) will not cause a ND. In my dumb private days back in the Army we actually tried to slam fire our weapons via slamming them on the ground. It was a rumor going around in the unit and we grabbed a few older (much less safe) Colt M16's and beat the **** out of them fully loaded trying to get them to fire. They wont...even if you throw it directly on concrete. The MR556 is even more safe than those old 1970's M16's we beat up. The firing pin safety and spring are an (un-necessarily) added safety measure to stop just this.

There's even a video on YouTube somewhere of a guy trying to get both a Glock 17 and Sig 226 to slam fire. He went as far as dropping them from an airplane onto asphalt. Had to dig them out of the asphalt, but they never fired.

Now...don't go trying this with a 1911 with the safety disengaged... Or worse yet a loaded flint lock...

This used to have credence, but with modern firearms dropping one will not cause it to fire (unless you purposefully remove built in safety devices)...
    I like to differentiate between an accidental discharge (IE dropping your weapon on the ground because your buddy gave you an atomic wedgie), and a negligent discharge, IE when the gun fires while in the hands of an individual, however not when the individual is intending the weapon to be fired.

In the situation above, I can see someone practicing transition drills from shoulder to shoulder, flicking the safety off just after shouldering only to have the front hook come off and have the individual shoot themselves in their own foot. That's not an accident, that's negligent.

-W

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links