+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PWS FSC556 Tactical Compensator (muzzle Break) Compensator

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Default PWS FSC556 Tactical Compensator (muzzle Break) Compensator

Has anyone used this compensator? I am curious to hear the reviews.

HKParts.net sells them

PWS FSC556 - HKPARTS.NET

Thanks!!

That brake comes standard on the SCAR 16S. It's a very nice compensator, probably one of the best out there insofar as reducing muzzle climb. It is very loud, and isn't what I would call a "squad friendly" device. I've attended a few carbine courses with guys using it, and they don't make friends quick.

What are your intended uses for the weapon?

-W

I think one of the pluses is that if you live in a ban state (ie: New York) you can pin this, and hang your hat on the fact that they got an ATF PLR stating that it is not a flash suppressor. Yet many folks will tell you that it does reduce the flash some what more than most brakes, but obviously less than a true flash suppressor.

Very Senior Member

Try a Battle Comp. It's much less offensive to your neighbors than the brake in discussion.
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

It will be used for target shooting. carbine courses and looking great in the safe!

I'd hurt myself :)

Okay.

So for target shooting, understand that compensators do not do much from a bipod or sandbag supported position. These are not "muzzle brakes" per se. These are devices used to redirect recoil to reduce muzzle rise for faster follow up shots. You may not feel anything different then a standard A2 cage from a bipod. So, the PWS is just going to piss off your neighbors at the range by making he concussion from your puny 5.56 feel like a .338. If you do your target shooting offhand, then disregard this, because from a standing position, the difference is dramatic.

For carbine courses, as mentioned, they're a bit annoying to your neighbors and can be irksome when practicing buddy drills with someone using them.

I have to second the recommendation of the battlecomp given your use case. The battlecomp isn't as good of a compensator, but honestly, we're dealing with 5.56 here. The battlecomp does reduce muzzle climb quite a bit, and it does so without the annoying concussion of some other brakes. I run one (a 2.0) on my MR556. I'm trying to be objective though. If you said your primary use was 3gun, I'd recommend another device.

-W

Actually, I would like to get into 3-gun after I am more proficient with the MR.

LP - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by starsnuffer View Post
    Okay.

So for target shooting, understand that compensators do not do much from a bipod or sandbag supported position. These are not "muzzle brakes" per se. These are devices used to redirect recoil to reduce muzzle rise for faster follow up shots. You may not feel anything different then a standard A2 cage from a bipod. So, the PWS is just going to piss off your neighbors at the range by making he concussion from your puny 5.56 feel like a .338. If you do your target shooting offhand, then disregard this, because from a standing position, the difference is dramatic.

For carbine courses, as mentioned, they're a bit annoying to your neighbors and can be irksome when practicing buddy drills with someone using them.

I have to second the recommendation of the battlecomp given your use case. The battlecomp isn't as good of a compensator, but honestly, we're dealing with 5.56 here. The battlecomp does reduce muzzle climb quite a bit, and it does so without the annoying concussion of some other brakes. I run one (a 2.0) on my MR556. I'm trying to be objective though. If you said your primary use was 3gun, I'd recommend another device.

-W

Banned

OP, the other guys in thread have been very.....uh....."nice" in describing this muzzle brake.

Yes, it reduces muzzle climb and flet recoil.

But if my buddy who has one on his AR decides to shoot next to me again without warning me, i'm going to take his rifle and shove it up his a** sideways. I'll listen to his complaints later after my hearing has returned and my head stops feeling like I just got hit in the face with a hammer even though he was at least 4 to 6 feet away from me.

It's VERY loud and obnoxious device and anybody who uses it in a situation where people are within 10 feet of eachother need to have their balls crushed in a vise......

Just sayin'.....

Wow, well put I would have to say. This thing ain't a crowd pleaser. Thank you all for the insight.

What do all the folks do with their SCAR 16S? No close combat drills?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    OP, the other guys in thread have been very.....uh....."nice" in describing this muzzle brake.

Yes, it reduces muzzle climb and flet recoil.

But if my buddy who has one on his AR decides to shoot next to me again without warning me, i'm going to take his rifle and shove it up his a** sideways. I'll listen to his complaints later after my hearing has returned and my head stops feeling like I just got hit in the face with a hammer even though he was at least 4 to 6 feet away from me.

It's VERY loud and obnoxious device and anybody who uses it in a situation where people are within 10 feet of eachother need to have their balls crushed in a vise......

Just sayin'.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads