+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get their MR762 yet?

HKPRO Professional

Default Anyone get their MR762 yet?

There was tons of talk about folks chomping at the bit for these things for months. Now that they are out, I haven't heard a peep from anyone on how they shoot. The first "review" (for lack of a better term) I read was on snipershide. Where are those range reports?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I just got mine literally 10 minutes ago, but not going to have a chance to shoot it for a bit. I was surprised it came with a nice soft case instead of the plastic case that the MR556 came with.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Hell, it should come gold plated at the price they want :D

Congrats on the new acquisition my friend!!

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdrv View Post
    Hell, it should come gold plated at the price they want :D
    Can't disagree with that! Should have come with sights too for the price.

Some random thoughts on a quick look:
    - As noted above, you get a nice soft case with the HK logo, but no sights. Other box contents are the manual, multi-tool, and lock.
    - Comes with 1 10-rd mag
    - A lot of the "match" features of the MR556 are carried over, like the unchromed swaged barrel and the use of the "target" takedown pins that require pushing in the center detent of the pins to drift them in and out. Like the 556, you get the tool inside the rear of the buttstock.
    - Other similar features include the ability to lock the buttstock in place with a screw in the bottom, the ball detents in the bottom of the buffer tube to take up the stock looseness, swappable charging handle, replacement of the forend screws with a head that requires an allen wrench instead of being able to be unscrewed with a bolt lug, and a tab sticking out of the rear of the barrel extension and matching cutout in the carrier to prevent inserting a full auto carrier.
    - The flash hider is a G3 type, not an Colt birdcage type.
    - It's a little confusing about what twist the barrel has. The description text in the front of the manual says 1 in 11. The spec list in the rear of the manual, as well as the specs on KHs web page say 1 in 12.
    - It's a heavy gun at close to 10 pounds with an empty mag, but I don't think it's as noticeably muzzle heavy as the 556.
    - The HK rail cover will work on the bottom and left side of the quad rail, but not on the right side. The screws that hold the forend on are right up against the edge of the rail and that prevents the rail cover from sliding back all the way. I'm not sure anything can go on the rail above the screws, not even a ladder rail, because there is no clearance between the screws and the rail.
    Last edited by dwillHK; 02-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Got mine a few days ago. The machining is better on my mr556, but the anodizing is a lot better on my mr762. The chatter on the mr762 hand guard rails is ridiculous, other than that everything looks good. Could care less about the soft case, rather have got a high capacity mag. Some flip up sights would have been nice. Only have a little time here and there to finger fondle so the weight doesn't bother me. Quality does look better than all my SCARs and other ARs. Haven't had time to shoot, but that's the case with most of my toys. Love all my HKs.
    Last edited by DsandH2; 02-18-2012 at 11:59 PM.

someone shoot it and post a review please

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

" The machining and anodizing is a lot better than my mr556"

I read from HK that the receiver and the barrel are made the same way and the same finish as the MR556.

Default My initial observations on the MR762A1

I picked mine up last Wednesday night. I had been asking my dealer to call me as soon as one came in. I have been a loyal ($) customer and I got the call on the second one in the shop. (The first one went to a more loyal ($$) customer.) He didn't discount the price. (Buying tip: I also bought another pistol and got a nice deal on that weapon. I guess that I would have not received a strong deal on the second weapon if I did not buy the HK.)

I took it to the range yesterday and fired 20 rounds through it. Here are my observations:
    • No iron sights as standard equipment? I ended up using a set of back up sights that I will replace with factory iron sights.
    • A special tool stored in the butt stock is needed to release the hinge pins. No using a bullet to start the pins moving.
    • Heavy and solid feeling.
    • The rifle feels fine when my right hand is in the firing position. All controls can be reached with my right hand.
    • Good sight alignment with my "standard" cheek weld. I am sure that once a scope is on the rifle, this will still be the case.
    • Nice case. Plenty of pockets and padding. Will hold a scoped weapon.
    • Felt recoil is not an issue. I was shooting on a bench with a front rest. Recoil after each shot pushed the rifle back on the rest a slight amount.

I haven't cleaned it yet, as I had to go to dinner once I got home, but i am interested in seeing how the insides of the rifle look after 20 rounds.

At the moment I am glad I bought it, but it looks like I will be putting more money into it for a scope, mounts, and factory iron sights, along with other accessory items such as a sling, extra mags and etc.

I am not disappointed with my decision to buy this weapon, however, if the zombies don't start showing up soon, I will have spent a lot of money for nothing.
    Last edited by Hi Beta; 03-11-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typpo

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Using KAC micro flip ups (600m rear) on mine. The fixed HK irons get in the way of my optics. I'm currently using a Trijicon TA11E, which has to go over the rear sight due to the eye relief. Considering swapping for a Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 I have on the way.
    Last edited by dwillHK; 03-11-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Picked up my MR762, 2 weeks ago @ the local gun show,..Traded 3 of my firearms to get it from the dealer,..Was lucky and did not have to spend any cash out of pocket...liked my other Firearms ,but have been waiting for this firearm for a while,..I,m looking forward to shooting it,..Just don,t have much time off these days,..Besides,still have not figured out what Scope and Buis to get for it yet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links