HKPRO Forums banner

MR556 opinions

5K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  cbrandtucsb 
#1 ·
The MR556 has quickly become my go to gun. I'm really can't say anything bad about it. Had no failures to feed and no failures to fire 2 date. It took a while to figure out what bullets it likes, but since then I've discovered it is capable of very very good accuracy. It can easily put 15 rounds inside 1 and 1 half inches at 100 yards. Right now I'm shooting 65 grain Sierra Gameking and 69 grain Sierra Matchking. I've installed an ACOG 4X compact optic, which seems to be a perfect match for this rifle. I Recently purchased a POF 308, and wish I'd bought the HK 762 instead. I'm going to sell the POS oops make that POF and look for a 762.

#4 ·
My wife is getting me the 556 for my birthday. August seems like forever. I read about it or look at pictures of it online daily. Have not decided on optics yet. Gonna shoot the irons first though. Can't wait!!

#5 ·
Bridger10,
How's the cheekweld with the ACOG?
I have one in 3.5x in an ARMS mount and I don't seem to be able to snug in as much as when mounted to an AR with a SOPMOD.
I'm interested in what mount you're using.
Good luck shooting that fine rifle!!

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.