HKPRO Forums banner

Club 556 (MR556/MR223 photo gallery)

863K views 2K replies 364 participants last post by  Tower8 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have a Club 762. How about starting a Club 556? We shouldn't discriminate just because we have smaller calibers! :wink:
Post you pics and or lay claim to the lowest serial number.

#3 · (Edited)
Not sure what my serial number is at the moment, but here is a picture of my HK MR556 all set up. Have a Surefire flash hider/mount on it now though. Hoping my Surefire can Form 4 will be done in the next month or so. It has been about 6 months after all!

I used this rifle, as set up, at one of Larry Vickers' 2 day carbine courses and it was great. Boringly reliable. That sight sucked close in though, slowed me waaaay down. Still, I was the man for the offhand at distance portion of the class at least. Figure at some point I will stick one of those offset mounts on it and use a T-1 to make it good for close stuff.

I have been documenting every single round through this gun. So far 1,372 rounds and zero malfunctions. I have not been very careful about cleaning it either. I keep it lubed though. Very happy with it. Looking forward to running it with a can. Will advise on how that goes and new pics also. Heavy rifle but a very good one! :)

#10 ·
I picked up the HK 6 position stock from Adam over at hkparts.net. Some agency traded them in for something different and the one I received was in perfect condition. It came with the buffer tube + stock, and I used the buffer spring that came with the MR556.

#11 · (Edited)
Very Cool!

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a 14.5 416 or M27 IAR build with mine in the end.

So far I've swapped the MR556 set-screw stock for the standard 416 with the extended removal lip, no set-screw and the convex butt pad. Also swapped out the gas block for a 416 with the bayo lug but If I go the M27 route I will swap out the original 556 gas block. The Grip-pod works nice because you never have to lay the weapon on its side. HK rail covers at 3 & 9 and surefire covers at 6 & 12. I used the Eotech since the A.R.M.S. mount would not leave marks on the upper. I have an Aimpoint M2 on a LaRue mount but was afraid the mount would chip the anodizing. I have my Trijicon M4 on another weapon but wouldn't hesitate to swap it over for a range trip. If I go the M27 route I'll grab the extended rail, proper BUIS'es, etc.

I just can't decide on barrel profile...... yet! I don't think we have seen a photo of what lies below the M27 handguard and get the chance to get micrometer/caliper measurements. If an M27 bayonet lug becomes available then I will leave the barrel the 16.5 length, re-profile and add the bayo ring.

TC

Click for more detail:

#12 ·
I just can't decide on barrel profile...... yet! I don't think we have seen a photo of what lies below the M27 handguard and get the chance to get micrometer/caliper measurements.
M27 was mentioned to use same profile as HK416 for Norway. Profile for Norway is straight 22mm (roughly 0.870") before gas block and straight 18mm (roughly 0.750")in front of gas block.

#13 ·
Leave it o HK to pick up an American gun (ar15/m16) and build it better. I already have eight ar15s, but one of these days, I might trade a couple off to buy the HK556.

#15 ·
If I only bought the upper, does this mean that I don't get to play?

#17 ·
We will call this progression
Firearm Gun Trigger Assault rifle Airsoft

#23 ·
Does it count or do I need to make Club 223?

#27 ·
My delicate self esteem is damaged!

Lawsuit!

#30 ·
Nice setup Magdump.

That MR needs to go to fat camp somethin' fierce if you seriously want to run it suppressed.

#32 ·
More recent configuration of my MR223 (Chopstix kicked me out of HK416 picture thread):

#33 ·
More recent configuration of my MR223 (Chopstix kicked me out of HK416 picture thread):
LOL. I'm still cleaning up the clone posts. I still have to move the MR556/223 posts.

#38 ·
I also disagree with the "Club Clone" designation.

They're not exactly clones as they are HK manufactured. It's not like they're made by speshul wepuns, bobcat, or a myriad of other makers.

The heart of the system is in the upper anyway as the lower can be used on any AR style platform, so in reality, the lower is nothing special except for folks who like having an HK stamped and serial numbered lower.

Imagine taking an HK91 and putting a paki made grip and stock on it. Is it any less an HK when you really think about it? Not really. Might not be the pureist thing to do, but it's still an HK.

#41 ·
The mount is the American Defense B2 base with the T1 Socom spacer. The height provides a lower 1/3 cowitness with standard size sights. When you really get settled on the stock, it is a little high. I bought the Aimpoint used, and that is the mount it came with. Down the road I will most likely switch to a shorter Larue mount. This is the 4 MOA T1, and 100yds and closer is where I think it excels. It cant be beat if you are looking for a light, compact, and rugged sight.

#43 ·
You guys are as bad as Colt owners. I'll figure something out.

#44 ·
No! We are worst. We drink HKool-Aid(tm)!!! :)

#45 ·
HK koolaid drinkers are worse then colt koolaid drinkers.

No contest.