+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MR762 Optics selection

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
    If you like to smell your own farts and plan on just keeping the mr762 as a safe queen buy a S&B!
    Please, tell us more

Last edited by pointblank4445; 01-23-2013 at 04:08 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

What mount do you guys recomment for the scope???/ Larue, B&T?????

HKPRO Professional

For HK's and 308 AR's with higher sight lines, this:

LaRue Tactical QD Scope Mount, LT120 | LaRue Tactical

It sits about 1/4" lower than a standard mount, so it will help you to get a better cheek weld than a standard 1.535" optic mount. This is the lowest Larue offering in a non-canted mount. The only downside is that you will not be level should you use a clip-on night vision device. It also doesn't have the left/right half ring BS of their other optic mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
    Picking up my MR762 next week. Now just trying to decide on which optics I want to mount. My choices are so far:

1. TA01NSN-308: ACOG 4x32 Scope - This is "Ole reliable" for me. I have used one on my M4 for years so I am use to it.

2. Schmidt and Bender 1-8x20 Short Dot - "A marriage of German ingenuity"... Plus the quality speaks for itself!

3. Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20mm M6C1 - Not out yet, but is being called the best of both worlds.

I will be using my MR762 as a workhorse all-purpose gun. I mostly target shoot, but would also like to use it for training, and posibly competition. Looking for it to fill more of a "Recce Rifle" role than just long-range marksmanship. Any advice from the "Pros" on here is greatly appreciated!
    I'm using a Elcan Spectre DR 1-4x and it's awesome.My buddy uses the 1.5-6x Elcan for his 7.62 rifle and it's perfect for his setup.The price is high for either optic and they are a little heavier.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    For HK's and 308 AR's with higher sight lines, this:

LaRue Tactical QD Scope Mount, LT120 | LaRue Tactical

It sits about 1/4" lower than a standard mount, so it will help you to get a better cheek weld than a standard 1.535" optic mount. This is the lowest Larue offering in a non-canted mount. The only downside is that you will not be level should you use a clip-on night vision device. It also doesn't have the left/right half ring BS of their other optic mounts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93" Mount QD LT135 | LaRue Tactical

I run this with my S&B 1-4 short dot for my MR223 should i do the same though with a 1-8 S&B or go with LT120?

I was wondering what glass to put on my MR762 as well. Would a S&B 4-16x50 PM II be overkill?

HKPRO Professional

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPanzer1 View Post
    LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93" Mount QD LT135 | LaRue Tactical

I run this with my S&B 1-4 short dot for my MR223 should i do the same though with a 1-8 S&B or go with LT120?
    Well then disregard my earlier comment as you have the highest possible mount from Larue and need to clear your IR laser unit. Also, I wouldn't be in a big hurry to drop $200+ on a mount for an optic that isn't out....still.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 01-24-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
    I'm guessing most of the members on this forum who bought a mr762 do not shoot long range too often. I have a 762 because I think its a great platform in 308. I would prob not pick up a 556 because many other ar platforms are better hands down for 1/2 the price. If you want a great 1-8 scope that works well.... Buy a USO. Here is a link from Snipershide.

U.S. Optics SR-8 BigJimFish Shot Report. - Sniper's Hide Forums

If you like to smell your own farts and plan on just keeping the mr762 as a safe queen buy a S&B!

Yes, actually alot of guys here shoot long range for recreation and work. If my comment about "safe queening" gave you this illusion I must apologize, I said it because of the high price that the rifle is bringing at the moment. S&B Short dot was designed from the ground up to be used by Tier one elements and actually comes highly recommended by Larry Vickers (please research if you dont know who this is). US Optics scopes are nice so I will not associate them with your arrogance and childish remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
    Picking up my MR762 next week. Now just trying to decide on which optics I want to mount. My choices are so far:

1. TA01NSN-308: ACOG 4x32 Scope - This is "Ole reliable" for me. I have used one on my M4 for years so I am use to it.

2. Schmidt and Bender 1-8x20 Short Dot - "A marriage of German ingenuity"... Plus the quality speaks for itself!

3. Leupold Mark 6 1-6x20mm M6C1 - Not out yet, but is being called the best of both worlds.

I will be using my MR762 as a workhorse all-purpose gun. I mostly target shoot, but would also like to use it for training, and posibly competition. Looking for it to fill more of a "Recce Rifle" role than just long-range marksmanship. Any advice from the "Pros" on here is greatly appreciated!
    I'm using an Elcan Specter DR optic on my rifle. It is a really robust optic. They come in 1-4x and 1.5-6x.Bullet drop reticle on both models.Simple throw lever changes magnification from low to high magnification.There is no in between magnification.Mount is built in the optic.There is a dial on the side,if you turn it forward it can be used as a red dot sight or turn the dial the opposite direction and the reticle lights up.The down side is weight.It's a little heavy(1.5 lbs) but it is comparable in weight to other optics with rings and mount,especially if you're using a reflex or red dot sight in conjunction with your magnified optic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links