+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MR556A2

Default MR556A2

Could be BS but I heard from a friend at Shotshow HK booth that one of the reasons we haven't seen alot MR556 for sale is because HK "might be" be releasing the newer A2 version sometime in the near future. What do you guys think about this..load of crap?

Hmmm interesting. You would sure think if this was the case, it would have been on demo like the new HK416A5. When I saw that one I found it interesting because I went to Adventure Outdoors store in Smyrna, GA last week.....asked the guy behind the gun counter to check on possible shipments on the MR556A1. He pulled it up in their system and said "you mean the MR556A5," and I said no. He turned the monitor around to show me and sure enough it said MR556A5. I just chalked it up as being a mistake, but now I am very curious.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Hope they do, this matches KAC in all categories and exceeds in performance, the game reaches new levels....lol...

Very Senior Member

This is good news if true. Hope it comes with a FDE option, and is a proper semi-auto version of the 416. 10.5" upper kits would be nice too. We can hope.
    Last edited by sixfootbrit; 01-22-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    "We're surrounded? Good. That means we can attack in any direction then!"

Very Senior Member

I had heard that the MR556-A5 is the order number for the MR556A1. I am not 100% sure but that is what my retailer told me. This is the retailer that actually sold me my MR556... Who knows...

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    I had heard that the MR556-A5 is the order number for the MR556A1. I am not 100% sure but that is what my retailer told me. This is the retailer that actually sold me my MR556... Who knows...
    I'm pretty sure this same model and item number issue was the source of some confusion for alot of us when it first came out and IIRC it was the above mentioned "MR556-A5" item number as well.

the "off record" chat they had didn't mention anything about a MR556a5, it was more along the lines of an updated Mr556a1.

Very Senior Member

I wonder if HK realizes that the further the MR diverges from the 416, the less attractive it becomes (given the significant cost premium). I'm still scratching my head over the design changes/compromises inherent in the MR556, and the lack of a US made 10.5 upper is dampening my HK enthusiasm further.

Unrepentant HKHolic

The Imagination is a powerful thing. lol
    Le prixs'oublie,la qualité reste
    "This is why we didn't want Hk to make cheaper guns. Now that poor people can afford them, they're bringin down the property values."

+ Reply to Thread

Links