+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sling attachments to rail and stock buttstock MR556 and MR762

Default Sling attachments to rail and stock buttstock MR556 and MR762

I appreciate the input on my prior questions about sling selection.

The first sling is on the way, to arrive tomorrow.

Front attachment will be be by QD swivel to rail mount.

No buttstock attachment hardware, as I wasn't sure what to use.

A pic of the HK tactical sling (out of stock) is on HKParts.net. The description doesn't indicate sling width.

One end appears to have a swivel-like attachment with a knurled knob that appears to be for attaching to front to the HK sling rail mount, and a snap hook at the other end, which appears to be for attaching the back end of the sling to the eyelet at the tip of the buttstock.

HKParts.net has the HK snap hooks available separately. Is the snap hook what I need to attach the sling to the buttstock eyelet, and should I get the 1 inch or 1.25 inch version?

Blue Force has an HK-style snap hook on their website as well, is 1 inch, and they state it is for both 1 inch and 1.25 inch slings, including all VCAS slings.

Thanks

Banned

So what sling did you get?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

DLo
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

If the HK sling you are getting is the one for the MRs, it is very wide and does have a traditional sling swivel for the front attachment (to attach to a sling swivel stud) and the rear is a large "HK-style" snap hook that attaches to the stock. I have one of the HK slings for the collectible/novelty of it being a HK product, but I don't think it's practical (it has a unique buckle that kind-of makes it like a 3-point) and I prefer Vickers Blue Force sling if I am going to use one. I can measure its width for you but I know it's much wider than a Blue Force. I would get a rail mounted "HK snap hook" mount for the front and then use the HK snap hooks front and rear. You can find the 1" and larger HK snap hooks on Google (I've got a box full of them in various sizes from 1 to 1.5 so I know they are available) then go with the sling you prefer. Btw: I'll check but I don't think you can remove the front sling swivel from the HK MR sling because it's sewn in.

Thanks.

Blue Force VCAS padded sling as couldn't find the HK tactical sling in stock, only ordered one to make sure it fit well before getting the second.

Will go ahead and order 2 of the HK snap hooks, as expect the sling to fit both the MR556 and MR762, and likely order another VCAS if it fits, unless the HK slings are back in stock tomorrow.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Club 556 (MR556/MR223 photo gallery)

Post #219

The rear non-disassembly mount from Tango Down (PR-4) works great as does the front Daniel Defense QD attachment!
    Last edited by ModernFirearms; 11-14-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    NRA Life Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by accurizer View Post
    Blue Force VCAS padded sling.

Very Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by accurizer View Post
    A pic of the HK tactical sling (out of stock) is on HKParts.net. The description doesn't indicate sling width.

One end appears to have a swivel-like attachment with a knurled knob that appears to be for attaching to front to the HK sling rail mount, and a snap hook at the other end, which appears to be for attaching the back end of the sling to the eyelet at the tip of the buttstock.
    When 416 was first fielded, the front swivel was intended to be attached to gas block sling loop, not a sling rail mount. At one point HK was very proud of their ingenious design that combined gas block, sling loops, front sight post and bayonet lug in one. Their original concept didn't stand the test of time, as more and more people started to understand the benefits of free-floating barrel. Now, if you want to use Geissele rail, you have to sand off the loops anyway. The gas block mounted front sight wasn't very successful either, as it got shoot off quite often on 10.4" barrels. As for the original HK sling, its only value was the HK hook with built-in screwdriver until they changed the 416 style rail screw head for hex head in MR series.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post
    When 416 was first fielded, the front swivel was intended to be attached to gas block sling loop, not a sling rail mount. At one point HK was very proud of their ingenious design that combined gas block, sling loops, front sight post and bayonet lug in one. Their original concept didn't stand the test of time, as more and more people started to understand the benefits of free-floating barrel. Now, if you want to use Geissele rail, you have to sand off the loops anyway. The gas block mounted front sight wasn't very successful either, as it got shoot off quite often on 10.4" barrels. As for the original HK sling, its only value was the HK hook with built-in screwdriver until they changed the 416 style rail screw head for hex head in MR series.
    Another great post full of factual info and no attitude.

Thank You.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

I just ordered the same front DD QD attachment but am trying their rear QD attachment this time:

https://danieldefense.com/mounts/sli...ent-point.html

Banned

The only "problem" with that rear QD solution is it does not allow you to push the stock all the way forward, and lock into place, which is how many people prefer to run the carbine using the "squared up stance" I had that issue when I tried using the rear QD point on my DD M4V1 and moved it further back to the rear of the butt stock.
    Last edited by AMSDORF; 11-15-2013 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links