HKPRO Forums banner

HK 416 Remington Defense RAHG Rail Issues

19K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  RegularGuy461969 
#1 ·
Yesterday I received my 14.5" RAHG rail yesterday, fit and finish is top notch, it's a very nice piece… that said, I can't get the damn thing to lock up properly. The installation guide is sparse and straight to the point, put the cross bolt in and torque to 34 inch pounds, which I have done, problem is I still have up and down play in the rail. Does anyone here have any experience with these rails?

#37 ·
I’ll only use the RAL8000 RAHGs because of this issue. I’ve replaced the 14” black RAHG on my 20” 416 upper with a Geissele. They really are a superior product. But I’ve kept my RAL8000 on one of my 10.4”, my shooter. I love how the RAHG fits my hand grip style, but the wobble in the black version just isn’t worth it. The G longrail is just rock solid on there.

I’ve been tempted to try the new slim line HKey 223/416 HGs as I have the G28 Patrol/417/308 shorty with integrated flip up sight on my 12” 762. I love it. But with owning a long and a short G rail I think I’ll save the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.