MR762 Technical Parts Questions

Thread: MR762 Technical Parts Questions

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default MR762 Technical Parts Questions

May I simply buy the extended latch and replace the present latch on my MR762 charging handle, using the spring and pin that is available to me right now? Or do I have to buy a whole new CH to accomplish that.

Do I have to purchase the staking tool when I replace my buffer tube to as I install the G28 adjustable stock system? Or can I stake it myself using...?

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bumpage

CJ
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimholden View Post
    May I simply buy the extended latch and replace the present latch on my MR762 charging handle, using the spring and pin that is available to me right now? Or do I have to buy a whole new CH to accomplish that.

Do I have to purchase the staking tool when I replace my buffer tube to as I install the G28 adjustable stock system? Or can I stake it myself using...?
    @ PaulMcInsane
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. As an investor it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” Warren Buffett

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Um...huh? Just looking for technical information..no idea what you are talking about.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

you can swap the C-handle latch yourself, provided you can find a vendor for the MR762 extended/tac latch. I suppose you could re-use the roll pin, but I'd suggest a new one. I'm of the opinion roll pins are a 1-time use item. At any rate, I did the same thing with my 416 latch.

I'm pretty sure you can stake your new receiver extension sans the HK staking tool. It is ridiculously expensive, and I don't know that I've ever seen it in stock anywhere?
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs

CJ
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimholden View Post
    Um...huh? Just looking for technical information..no idea what you are talking about.
    Oh I was just giving a heads up to PaulMcInsane he is a regular around here who likes to answer the questions you asked...............

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    you can swap the C-handle latch yourself, provided you can find a vendor for the MR762 extended/tac latch. I suppose you could re-use the roll pin, but I'd suggest a new one. I'm of the opinion roll pins are a 1-time use item. At any rate, I did the same thing with my 416 latch.

I'm pretty sure you can stake your new receiver extension sans the HK staking tool. It is ridiculously expensive, and I don't know that I've ever seen it in stock anywhere?
    Thanks for the reminder on the roll pin. I just added that, and re. the staking, good to know. HKParts has all the parts I need.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Despite wanting the same, I couldn't stomach the cost of just the latch and certainly not the entire charging handle. On my range day next weekend, I plan on just taking the CH from my MR308A3 which came with a larger latch and putting it on my MR308. With an ARMS BUIS and Eotech on the rail, there is not a lot of room to grab the OEM tiny latch. If you find a well priced latch, post it here too.

Several guys on here have used other hardened steel objects to stake their lowers. Somebody is pretty proud of their HK products to ask what they are for the HK staking tool.
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dehavilland View Post
    Despite wanting the same, I couldn't stomach the cost of just the latch and certainly not the entire charging handle. On my range day next weekend, I plan on just taking the CH from my MR308A3 which came with a larger latch and putting it on my MR308. With an ARMS BUIS and Eotech on the rail, there is not a lot of room to grab the OEM tiny latch. If you find a well priced latch, post it here too.

Several guys on here have used other hardened steel objects to stake their lowers. Somebody is pretty proud of their HK products to ask what they are for the HK staking tool.
    Understood, but I think the extended latch will come in handy for the kind of shooting I'm going to be doing with my MR762. The only latches available to me, here in the USA, are the ones sold by HKParts.

Sponsored Links