HK416C build - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: HK416C build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have shot this gun. They had problems. They all got sent back to germany. One or two came back for testing. HKD had a demo with these years ago.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not questioning the authenticity of any of the comments from those in the know, but what "problems or issues" did the weapons have?
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dehavilland View Post
    Can you elaborate on what issues HK faced with reliability during their 416C trials?
    It has to do with reliable operation across the full range of ammunition types as well as shooting suppressed. Being able to feed and fire the heaviest round and still be able to do so with lower pressure frangible stuff, with and without a suppressor is very challenging for an extremely short barrel full auto weapon. When you then take into account the even wider range and quality of ammunition used by customers outside the US, they just decided that they did not want to continue the program.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Master Armorer
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor
    Heckler and Koch Law Enforcement Dealer

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical
    Chief Operations Officer, Haley Strategic Partners
    Director of Training, Haley Strategic Training

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, do you think it would reliably function with a 416C BCG and buttstock mated to an 11" upper firing unsuppressed in semi only with 55 gr. normal ball ammo?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dehavilland View Post
    So, do you think it would reliably function with a 416C BCG and buttstock mated to an 11" upper firing unsuppressed in semi only with 55 gr. normal ball ammo?
    I really wish you would once and for all stop researching how to mate weapons weapons of war parts that are unregulated in your current jurisdiction with civillian gun parts that you have legally obtained. Because that is a felony and will get you in jail, and more importantly, will possibly lead to more red tape and overregulation for other gun owners.
    I do not know why you are so hell bent on those ZIB parts, nor do I care why you have such a love relationship with parts of a useless but still weapon of war kit, but ffs stop doing it in public.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    I really wish you would once and for all stop researching how to mate weapons weapons of war parts that are unregulated in your current jurisdiction with civillian gun parts that you have legally obtained. Because that is a felony and will get you in jail, and more importantly, will possibly lead to more red tape and overregulation for other gun owners.
    I do not know why you are so hell bent on those ZIB parts, nor do I care why you have such a love relationship with parts of a useless but still weapon of war kit, but ffs stop doing it in public.
    A thoughtcrime, indeed. Why don't you just report him to the Thought Police right away, make sure he will be dealt with appropriately?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    PM sent for a professional reply

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr223a1 View Post
    A thoughtcrime, indeed. Why don't you just report him to the Thought Police right away, make sure he will be dealt with appropriately?
    There has been a case where someone was prosecuted and house searched on suspicious activity indicating intention to build weapons of war. What was that suspicious activity? Being an AR15 owner and ordering parts kits off surplus stores. Its a big issue with the looming "lower ban" and something people should neither replicate nor discuss on forums.

Big item here that should not be forgotten is that parts kits are under extreme scrutiny right now due to some attacks (Munich, TGV are known examples) were done with rebuilt parts kits or "theater guns".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I didn't see him say he was going to do that anywhere. He's asked about installing a 416C stock on a MR223 and has only asked questions verifying their compatibility as far as I've seen. What's the problem with him swapping stocks in Germany on a legally owned semi auto rifle?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    I didn't see him say he was going to do that anywhere. He's asked about installing a 416C stock on a MR223 and has only asked questions verifying their compatibility as far as I've seen. What's the problem with him swapping stocks in Germany on a legally owned semi auto rifle?
    The 416C Stock does not work without the shortened 416C BCG -> Bingo.
    Totally different story to a) US legislation and b) very different than using a normal AR Handguard or Stock over a buffer tube without really affecting the internals of the gun. The 416C construction of the stock does not work without changing internals.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links