HKPRO Forums banner

HK416 in action

2M views 2K replies 289 participants last post by  alvar 
#1 ·
what do you think?

Heavily armed police officers walk from the garage of the Rayburn House Office building, seen at rear, after they responded to a report of gunfire on Capitol Hill Friday, May 26, 2006. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)

See less See more
#10 ·
HUKI365 said:
Nice! That one way back must've been an HK416. Love the look of them.
By the looks of things we do now have positive confirmation ..

A U.S. Capitol police officer stands guard after the evacuation of the U.S. Capitol building in Washington Monday, April 3, 2006. The buidling was evacuated shortly after noon after the building lost electric power. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

#16 ·
Thanks, Chef.

I like the new front page pic:

Just one more for reference sake!
;)

Police officer Piotr Brykalski from Poland looks at the new HK416 enhanced carbine designed by German firm Heckler and Koch at the 14th Paris Milipol 2005, the worldwide exhibition of internal state security, at Le Bourget , north of Paris, Tuesday Nov. 22, 2005. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)

#20 ·
Red Cobra said:
I disagree with you BMS. The HK G36K is a great weapon. HK put over 25,000 rounds through it in the Yuma, AZ desert without a single hicup and no cleaning.

Too bad the U.S. LE mind-set is for AR-based weapon design.
Well in actuality I would say that both platforms are very solid ones. But, I was not really saying that the G-36 is a bad platform, however, I think the "AR" platform is a bit more universal and far more widely accepted. I agree with your statement that the US mind-set is for AR-type systems, but I think that is changing a little at a time. If I had the option to have either a G-36 or a 416 I would probably go with the G-36 simply because it's something new and different. But who knows, as I cannot have either!! :(

Best,
Brian :)

#22 ·
Yet another pic ..

Armed Capitol Police stand outside the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, DC on Friday, May 26, 2006. Gunshots were reported at inside the building today. Police now say the gunfire at Rayburn, which caused the building to be locked down for most of the day, might have been prompted by some construction equipment.

#26 ·
I think it is; what do you guys think?

A Kennedy Space Center SWAT team member stands guard as the STS-115 crew arrives in their T-38 jets Thursday morning Aug. 24, 2006 at the Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility in Cape Canaveral, Fla. The STS-115 crew arrived at the Cape making preparations for Sunday's planned liftoff onboard the space shuttle Atlantis. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara)