HK wins IAR contract with FNH & Colt
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK wins IAR contract with FNH & Colt

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK wins IAR contract with FNH & Colt

First brought to my attention by SMGlee, here is the article from Defenselink

Heckler and Koch Defense, Inc., Ashburn, Va., is being awarded a five year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract with possible delivery orders up to $23,600,000 for the production, delivery, and associated support of the Marine Corps’ Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR). The IAR will be a light weight, magazine fed, 5.56 mm weapon which will enhance the automatic rifleman’s maneuverability and displacement speed while providing the ability to suppress or destroy not only area targets, but point targets as well. The IAR is planned to replace the M249 Squad Automatic Weapons (SAW) currently employed by automatic riflemen within Infantry and Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Battalions. Although four contracts will be made initially, delivery orders will be awarded for samples. First Article, spare/repair parts, and various support services; and, eventually one of the four contractors may be awarded delivery orders for up to 6,500 IARs. Work will be performed in Oberndorf, Germany. Delivery of contract line items will be as stated on applicable delivery orders. Contractfunds will be obligated in multiple delivery orders. This contract was competitively procured. The Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity (M67854-09-D-1038).

Full page link:
    http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts...ontractid=3928

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pics?
    Remember, you can't say awesome without saying wes

When the tears of the gods fall from the heavens, over thousands of years they form an HK slide.

This is why we pay so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Along with FNH it also looks like colt is in there too

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the title is a bit misleading. The actual contract hasn't been awarded yet. All that has happened so far is that the Marines have ordered a few samples from the manufacturers named for testing...and after reading the Stars & Stripes article on this I have no doubt that HK won't be able to win this one.

Grand Chazzar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gocad, im pretty sure your on the right track.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gocad View Post
    I think the title is a bit misleading. The actual contract hasn't been awarded yet. All that has happened so far is that the Marines have ordered a few samples from the manufacturers named for testing...and after reading the Stars & Stripes article on this I have no doubt that HK won't be able to win this one.
    Actually, contracts have been issued; however, no one is guaranteed any additional orders beyond the ten sample rifles. In an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity contract, you have a guaranteed minimum amount, a possible maximum amount, a set contract timespan, and no guarantee how many more items (if any) will be ordered beyond the minimum guaranteed. The dollar amounts quoted are the potential maximum value of the contract should the maximum number of rifles be ordered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks like the Marines have narrowed down the search for the Infantry Automatic Rifle to four designs from three manufactures:

Colt was awarded two contracts worth up to $14 million apiece: M67854-09-D-1035 and M67854-09-D-1036.
    FN was awarded one contract worth up to $27.9 million: M67854-09-D-1037.
    HK was awarded one contract worth up to $23.6 million: M67854-09-D-1038.

The HK IAR is apparently a heavy barreled HK416 with bipod and standard closed bolt operation.

The contracts represent the maximum potential amount the manufacture will receive if all 6500 IAR rifles are ordered from them.

According to HK_PDX each company will now supply 10 sample rifles for the final trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be shooting the IAR in March....for the initial trials WHEN the vendor HAS BEEN DETERMINED. The Corps is finalizing the qualification course of fire as we speak. More details to follow and full ARR to follow.

Maj

ETA: It takes a bit of time to work with Customs and etc...
    Last edited by MajorHK; 12-27-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Info
    Enfield MP5
    Ghillie Built MP5 clone
    SW5
    V53
    HK 9mm Compact
    HK 416 10.5" Upper X 2

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes; If you f*** with me, I'll kill you all. - US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It seems that no one at H&K has been informed by the internet that their mags are junk. Oh, when will the engineers at H&K learn to receive the wisdom of a million people repeating something they heard someone else say!

Also, what is the source of that information?
    Boy, if you try and pee out a forrest fire all you are going to get is a burnt pecker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links