HKPRO Forums banner

HONOR ROLL - Boulder Crest Retreat Charitable Donations

7K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  SudS 
#1 ·
A quick note of THANKS and well deserved recognition for the below listed HKPro members who have made cash donations thus far to the 2015 effort to raise funds in support of Boulder Crest Retreat and our brave Wounded Warriors. So far we have raised well over $20,000 just from HKPro members and the planned "Day with H&K" on 9 November (sorry - all those slots have been filled and there is a long waiting list). Special thanks to M995, Marine0303 and BRN2XL who have made donations to the cause without the benefit of attending the "Day with H&K". OUTSTANDING!

If you would like to make a donation to this fund raising effort for Boulder Crest Retreat (BCR), either as an INDIVIDUAL or a SUPPORTING VENDOR here on HKPro, and get added to the HONOR LIST, you may do so by mailing a check made payable to the "Loudoun Road Runners" (this group conducts the annual trail race event that raises this money) and mailing it to Loudoun Road Runners, P.O. Box 3342, Leesburg, VA 20177. Please add to the check memo field "2015 Loudoun 10K Trail Race - HKPro". If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please include a SASE with your check. More info on the Loudoun 10K Trail Race and BCR can be found at these links.
Loudoun 10K Trail Race - L10KTR
Boulder Crest Retreat

Thanks!
G3Kurz

2015 HONOR LIST

BitterOldMan
Michael Vain
PSG1Nut
Chuckster
BeachBum
HKPhil
HKKelly
Leperchuan0311
NSheers
HKPartsGuy
Putterboy101
Paul123
Suds
4CDragon
DJeuch
Corey8534
MOS95B
CAF82313
Veritas
Javemtr
Shrpshooter
DAN11
Clay
M995
Marine0303
BRN2XL
G3Kurz

See less See more
#2 ·
A quick final note of THANKS and well deserved recognition for the below listed HKPro members who have made cash donations to the 2015 effort to raise funds in support of Boulder Crest Retreat and our brave Wounded Warriors. This year we have raised well over $30,000 ($22,000 just from HKPro members) with the planned "Day with H&K" on 9 November (sorry all spots are filled) and other firearms industry sponsors like Armasight, SIG Sauer, Beam Distributing, LWRCI and of course H&K.

Special thanks to M995, Marine0303, Clay, Ociana, and BRN2XL who have made donations to the cause without the benefit of attending the "Day with H&K". OUTSTANDING!

I look forward to seeing those lucky 25 on Monday at the range for the live-fire. HK has a great day planned for you, one you will not forget.

There are still spaces open for the Loudoun 10K Trail Race on Sunday 8 November. Come join us if you find yourself in the area.

Loudoun 10K Trail Race - L10KTR
Boulder Crest Retreat

Thanks!
G3Kurz

2015 HONOR LIST

BitterOldMan
Michael Vain
PSG1Nut
Chuckster
BeachBum
HKPhil
HKKelly
Leperchuan0311
NSheers
HKPartsGuy
Putterboy101
Paul123
Suds
4CDragon
DJeuch
Corey8534
MOS95B
CAF82313
Veritas
Javemtr
Shrpshooter
DAN11
Clay
M995
Marine0303
BRN2XL
Ociana

#10 ·
I met with Bob Schultz today. He shared the demo weapon list with me.
You guys are going to be happy.
Lots of brand new stuff. Bring your cameras.

Sorry PSG1Nut - no G11 firing! (but we will allow you to pick up the G11 brass)

G3Kurz

#12 ·
For anyone interested in getting together for dinner on Sunday, please send me an email (I'm the only 'Mark' in the distribution list of Jim's last email) and let me know what time you will be arriving and at which hotel. I will figure out how many of us there are, and what the best time might be, and make some suggestions for where we can go. If you have dietary restrictions please let me know and I will factor that into our planning.

Looking forward to seeing old friends again, and meeting new friends!

Mark

#13 ·
I'm coming in Sunday afternoon!

For those of you heading down on Sunday, I'm planning in advance. I have my route mapped to avoid DC/Baltimore (I'm coming from just north of Philly) and was checking out restaurants to set up a meeting place/time for Sunday night:

The 10 Best Ashburn Restaurants - TripAdvisor

Any suggestions?

Here's the route I'm planning (for anyone else coming from the north)... it completely avoids I-95 and a large portion of Maryland. Remember that Maryland has no CCW reciprocity so FOPA rules must be followed (if you chose to carry; VA has reciprocity with a lot of other states, but always check your individual status and read up on VA laws).

View attachment 34561

#21 ·
My wife and I will probably be arriving in Va @ 7pm. We're actually staying at the Hampton Inn South right by the range. After the tour at HK we'll have to leave to get back to our kids, so unfortunately we won't be able to stay for the after party which we very much regret.

If possible, if you could email where people are meeting, we'll try to make it depending what time we get there. We'll be leaving the Lehigh Valley, PA area @330, going the scenic route via Harrisburg and then Frederick, MD, so not sure how long it'll take.

If we don't catch up with you at dinner, we look forward to seeing many of you again or meeting the new faces!

#25 ·
I left Langhorne, PA (Bucks County) at 1:30 via the same route, practically! I took the turnpike to Route 15, and then headed south... 35 miles in Maryland and into Virginia! Got here by 5 PM with only one required stop.

There was a "20+" minute backup on the primary route, but Google Maps caught it and gave me an extra-scenic route around it. It was a bit of a detour, but nicer drive through some back woods and neighborhood communities, so it was enjoyable - certainly more than sitting stuck in traffic regardless!

I'm heading to the lobby in a few minutes; I'm "Dan" and wearing a Penn State blue sweatshirt - if you see me, stop by and say hi! I'll probably stay there until we meet up in an hour!

#22 ·
I won't be coming in until Monday morning. If everyone wants we can meet again at Not your average joes for lunch after the range. They've been very accommodating in the past, quick and decent enough food to hold us all over until dinner.

#24 ·
You cutting it close Justin? I like the idea of Not Your Average Joes for lunch tomorrow after the range. Count me in.

As for dinner tonight, I have about 14 people confirmed that they will attend or try to attend but may be late. Rally point is Spring Hill suites lobby at 6:45 pm. I'm about to call and make reservations for Bertucci's.

If you are one of the lucky ones to attend tomorrow's HK Day but haven't yet made dinner plans, please let me know soon!

Thanks,

Mark

#23 ·
Wait, what's all the chatter about? Is something going on tomorrow? What's the event?

I kid, I kid. I live just a few miles from the range, so if anyone is having trouble, let me know and I'll try to get you guided in. It's pretty easy though. There is a Harris Teeter directly across of Route 50 from Willard Road. Caution for GPS users - there are 2 Willard Roads in the area. One is off of 28 and only a few miles away, but you don't want that one - unless you want some stellar bbq for lunch. Choose wisely and follow Jim's directions.

#28 · (Edited)
Guys,
I want to thank you all for the fantastic time at this event! I very much enjoyed myself and am glad I was able to attend. Special thanks of course to Jim and all the guys at H&K for organizing and hosting
I took a number of pictures and video, maybe I got you as well. I'll send the download link over the email list!

#29 · (Edited)
Purcellville Gazette - Tell us your story.

Some HKPro members mentioned here. Thanks Guys!

"Other sponsors of this year’s race, in order of their level of support, included: Armasight (headline sponsor), Heckler & Koch, Toth Financial, SIG Sauer, Commonwealth Emergency Physicians, Inova, HP, Contributing members of HKPro.com, LVT Inc., Boundary Stone Public House of Note, LWRCI, Net Documents, NW Federal Credit Union, Beam Distributing, Valley Energy, JK Moving & Storage, PCM, TCB Associates, Reinforced Earth Co., Mike & Heidi Fischer, Michael & Jeanne Roush, Rob and Allison Abbe, James Cummins, Miguel Inacio, Two Hands in Harmony Pottery, The Purcellville Gazette and various anonymous sponsors.

Plank owner sponsor Heckler & Koch received plaques of appreciation for their unwavering support of this annual event from the Loudoun Road Runners and from Boulder Crest Retreat Founder Ken Falke during the opening ceremonies.'

G3Kurz

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.