HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOSED - MP5k original prototype grip/forarm in nylon

23K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  AutoLode 
#1 · (Edited)
MP5k original prototype grip/forarm in resin

This here are the conditions that I posted in the original thread:

I think when I would get enough orders ( 10 and up in total would be good) I could make a charge for $145 a piece ( dyed nylon) + 10$ shipping.
The grip would then still have this waves, I don't recommend sanding them out it would reveal the white nylon beneath.

If you are looking into a sandable grip I could do the one or other undyed white nylon grip for $130 + shipping.

These prices apply just for this one charge of grips other orders will have (much) higher prices.
Custom configurations are possible, price would depend on complexity and amount of time needed.

[irrelevant] I personally would wait for the metal version because I am expecting it to be the one with the highest quality although I think nylon one is less slippery because of the waves.
I will need at least a total of 10 grips to be able to maintain offered prices.

I will give discount for interesting and rare pics and brochures/papers or media in general of prototypes ( one of the videos made during the G11 project would be awesome :770: )

If someone wants to place an order: send me a PM with your email and order specs.

This is the official order list:

Number Name black white custom

1. TX_Rifleman 1 - -
2. fordemti 1 - -
3. mmissile 1 - -
4. PolishLad - 1 -
5. jt15550 2 - -
6. Sablelieger - 1 -
7. Whiskey09 1 - -
8. Johnnycat 2 - -
9. ig720. 2 - -
10. davwil - 1 -
11. khailon - 1 -

total up to now: 13

When I have enough orders placed I will need to collect the money in order to fund the material.
Standart orders will ship earlier than custom orders ( they all ship when they are finshed).

You can find details to this replica here

Installed it looks like this:

See less See more
#32 ·
I am obviously late to this party... but if I can get on the list for one of these please let me know.

#33 ·
Just send me the Information as described in the first post and I will add you instantly.

For updating the others:

I am currently working on optimising the tolerances for the resin version that I hope to test in the next 2 weeks. In the past it turned out that in some spots the design were dead on when made with laser sinter or FDM but the resin seems to be a little different. I guess that is the Trade off for better material properties. I already made like 3 different resin variants and I hope that the current variant is now as good as I want it.

#39 ·
Thanks Mark.

To keep you all up to date: I am having issues with the material right now. The material is really strong and hard and it gets even harder over time (or better it can get harder). The issue is that when it reaches a certain degree of hardness it gets weak like every other material. I am working on preventing it from getting too hard.

#46 ·
Hey guys unfortunately I did not have the Time to get back to the board in the last months. I am just starting to work on the backlog of PMs, emails, posts and stuff.

So far the forearm works just fine when left for curing in a dark and dry place for some weeks. Not sure of withstanding FA mag dumbs. I just tried semi auto.
Ergonomics are ok for shooting I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.